Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Still having serious memory bloat since R64

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by kaeshiva, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Prior to R64 the game usually ran using 3g-4g of memory even after playing for a while, changing scenes, etc.

Since R64, this is spiking up to 7000, 8000 mb even just loading in to the world map, and continuing to slowly climb until it eventually results in complete system freeze up and crash. Changing scenes seems to expedite the process.

I have logged out of the game and am sitting on the login screen and game is still using 8gb of memory.

I had posted this in the QA bugs last release but still having this issue. It is not unique to me, have spoken to two others with vastly different system specs who are seeing same issue. Is there any acknowledgement of this? I understand if its a "wait till it gets better" issue but its getting to the point where I'm afraid to log into the game because it ends up freezing after 15 mins or so and I have to do the reboot routine. I'm running with 32gb of ram, so I have the memory to spare, but for some reason it consistently crashes when it reaches 9-10k. Prior to R64 I could have two simultaneous clients running with no issues ...so something's definitely changed?

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

There have been many reports of upto 12GB.. I think it depends to an extent where you've been

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, its a bit crazy though, logging on fresh on Novia its already at 9k - few months ago it was like 2500-3000.

Having the game use so much of my computer's resource is simply a non-starter. There's too many enforced tedium tasks like smelting / other refining, that were fine if it could be done in the background but under these circumstnaces...absolutely not.

The crashing when trying to play normally isn't good either.

Friend of mine with a lesser computer is taking 10-15 mins to get from login screen to loading first scene regardless of where. She simply doesn't bother playing anymore.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.