Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Still hoping the questions at the Isle of Storms are mere placeholders

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The questions the Oracle asks are not challenging, and one particular one needs re-work:

If in a hard fought battle you managed to disarm thy mortal enemy, who is a cruel murderer, in a duel to the death, and now he is at your mercy, what would you do? Would you show love by permitting him to yield, or courageously fight to the end, whatever it may be?

Aside from the fact that the conditional sentence reads awkwardly with "and now he is at your mercy" stuck in the middle, it is hardly an act of courage to "fight to the end" with an unarmed enemy who is at your mercy.

2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi Kara,

We're happy to keep receiving feedback on the Oracle! I've sent it over to @Lum the Mad to review.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Kara Brae

Been reported several times during the past ever since they got the Isle of Storms scene in there. Lots of opinions back and forth, but the lack of courage in killing an unarmed opponent is pretty much universal among them I think the oldest post I found last time I searched on it was the day after it made the game.

Like others I also gave that feedback here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ce-nux-spoons-qa-feedback-path-of-love.64099/

The response was, well, this:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...s-qa-feedback-path-of-love.73009/#post-718111

So I've stopped with NUX feedback reports.

I think that Lum is feeling the release crush coming heavily and most of his Jira inbox is filled to the brim and more from Richard alone and time is not enough to fix everything, so handling us on top is a bit too much.

So I'd say that if you want those questions changed you are more likely to get that by running into Richard or asking about it during Story hangouts than reporting in the forums.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I know this is an old issue, which is why my post title says "Still hoping..." The reason I brought up this particular issue again is because I consider it to be low hanging fruit that could easily be fixed and would give the game the old "Ultima feeling".

I hadn't seen the response by Lum that you linked above, but I'm pretty used to him saying that stuff that I think doesn't make sense is "by design". I do think that a larger team would be necessary to really polish the dialogues.

Spoon likes this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sorry if my post read as discouragement, its intent was that of giving an alternate route.

Yea, I think that poor Lum is more frustrated than us since a lot of those By Design responses doesn't necessarily reflect his own view, or what he'd wish he could do given enough time.

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bear in mind, I did not write these (save for the final "tie-breaker" question), so you should be asking @Lord British these questions, not me.

Jonah Hayes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.