Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stocking vendors is a nuisance - suggestions for improvement

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Spoon, Jan 27, 2017.

?

Check the suggestions that you loved/hated below

Poll closed Feb 24, 2017.
  1. I loved the Current/Max suggestion

75.0%
  2. I hated the Current/Max suggestion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I loved the multi-select with one price suggestion

68.8%
  4. I hated the multi-select with one price suggestion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I loved the Store Price List suggestion

87.5%
  6. I Hated the Store Price List suggestion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I loved the Public Vendor Rules suggestion

56.3%
  8. I hated the Public Vendor Rules suggestion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I love when Spoon makes this detailed suggestion posts

50.0%
  10. I hate when Spoon makes these boring tl;dr posts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Who cares? The devs should focus on something else.

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So I regularly stock up vendors in different locations and it is a boring chore to me. This since one already knows what one wants to do but it is just an excessive amount of work/clicks to get it done. Thus I thought I'd get a list of suggestions going.

I will divide them into separate issue<>suggestion so it is easier to follow.

Issue:
    How full is this vendor? How much more stock can I put on it?
    Suggestion:
    Please give us a Current/Max easily available in the Manage UI
    Like the X/Y that we now got in R38 for containers.​

Issue:
    Having to drag non-stacking and/or single-item stack and over and over having to set the same price every time.
    I can imagine all book salesmen like @Womby and @Vyrin can agree that having to drag-set price-ok-drag-set price-ok over and over again is such an unecessary pain.​
    Suggestion:
    Please if I multiselect the same object and drag to the Manage UI then use only one Set Price question for all items in the selection.
    So I have 30 copies of my latest bestseller, I open my vendor to Manage Inventory, then multi-select all 30 books drag and drop to Manage, I get one Set Price window, edit and click OK, then all of those 30 books are added individually to the vendor each of them at that price.
    Next iteration:
    I'd even like this for stacked ones, so say I want to list 100 potions in stacks of 5, I'd then like to first organize them into 20 stacks of 5, then I multi-select all 20 stacks and drag to the Vendor Manage UI, I get one Set Price window edit and click OK, then all of those 20 stacks are added to the vendor each stack of 5 at that price.​

Issue:
    Why do I have to set the same price over and over when stocking the same item? Why does the game give a suggestion which I'm not inclined to use?
    Suggestion:
    Please store the price suggestion when we set the price and use it as the suggestion for next time.
    This so that I drag the first item stack and set the price, then next time I drag an item stack with that same name and the same quantity then it suggests MY last price for such an object and amount.
    Thus over time creating a long reference list for the seller.
    Next iteration:
    Store the file locally and make it a format which is easy to edit, like with Custom Books. That way regular traders can update their price list and then when dragging item stacks to Inventory a check is made vs list and if object exist suggests the price. If there is a parsing problem due to player error then throw an error like with Custom Books.
    And yes just like with Custom Books it is up to the player to make copies of the folder/file if they change computers etc, so no added overhead for keeping it on the server.​

Issue:
    When sharing a vendor on a player lot then they clutter over time and it is hard to enforce friendly agreements. Only way to remove items not put up by owner, is to remove ALL items for everyone by replacing the vendor.
    For instance a vendor on a guild lot where anyone in the guild can set items for sale on the vendor. Then some players puts up too many items at too high a price point, cluttering the vendor. Then the guild is forced to replace the vendor, throwing everyone's stock back to bank. Or if you have a setup like @Glantor Edge where you have shared good location vendors then you can't restrict its use leading to the same problems making it harder to provide a nice service.​
    Suggestion:
    Please give us a "Public Vendor rules" check box for Player Vendors.
    Which does three things:
    A) each player can only make 10 listings
    B) listings gets a 7 day timer
    C) when the timer runs out, the item is removed from the vendor and put in the local bank.
    Next iteration:
    Make it so that those with 'Item Permission' can set how many items per player, and how many days on the timer.​

I think I will stop here for now lest my already long post gets even longer, thank you for your time.

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Bravo! Agree 100%.

Numa, Glantor Edge and Spoon like this.
  3. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

A second Bravo! These are the main issues.

Another dream would be the stacking of identical books and the purchasing of a particular amount of items in a stack. We are dreaming here anyway right?

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Absolutely, it is but mere dreams made out of hopes long forgotten.

Although, now they are iterating over the UI so I thought one might have a better shot now.
    :D

Glantor Edge, Vyrin and Womby like this.
  5. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

I'm agreeable to the above suggestion. Another alternative would be to give the lot owner the ability to selectively return individual listings. A few people listing on my owl's head lot are not even playing anymore.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Absolutely, however that takes manual maintenance where I'd prefer an automated solution.
    So I'd love to have both options. Yours so that one can manually remove edge cases, plus something like my suggestion where one can set up limitations which are automated and "care free".
    ;)

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And of course, the long awaited "Let people buy however many they want" so we don't have to have a bunch of different sized stacks of things.

Numa, Widsith [MGT] and Lyndoman like this.
  8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

All wonderful ideas and +1 to them all!

9. TrojanV

TrojanV Avatar

So glad I only have two Vendors!

10. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

This is my dream right here. Let me put a stack of something on my vendor with a per item price and have it function like an NPC vendor where they select how many they want.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How about for the distant future pairing a container with the vendor, then setting items to go up for sale when a previous one is sold.

It's a pipe dream, I know, but doesn't hurt to expand our ideas.

So you sold your +8 Long Bow, and had set it to be replaced by a +6 Short Bow (because that's what you have.) It automatically goes on to the vendor even if you're not around.

In a crazy world, (I'm just having fun here) your customer buys the bow, and the vendor walks over to the container, opens it, and now has the new item in stock.

12. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Pretty good ideas. Im not in love with the static limit of N-many items per user of a shared vendor (in this case, 10). Its probably the "0,1, many" principle biasing my perception. For shared vendors, I think it should be N-many items set by the owner of the vendor per-player, or, total-vendor-items/total-number-players.

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I would prefer to be able to specify exactly how many per person, or unlimited.

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

About two years ago there was a lot of discussions talking about things like that. However when brought up in a hangout back then the devs said they didn't like too automated ideas as that lowers the game time and makes it easier to exploit for bots.
    :(

But I'd still love to have such functionality.

A compromise I made up back then was to have a specific NPC which had that task, sort of like a Vendor Assistant. Thus using the NPC limit to make people decide whether they want to stock themselves or want to use an additional NPC slot just so that one would have less to bother with.
    That was before Row lots were determined to only have 1 NPC though.

o_O Already in the OP.

15. Retro

Retro Avatar

How to give constructive feedback 301 - Master class by Prof Spoon ;)

Great Ideas! All badly needed...

Spoon likes this.
  16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just like being able to program with water in Minecraft lowers game time. :D

It's ok, let us put up stacks that can be bought from, instead of completely, and we'll all be a lot happier. Plus your other ideas.

Arcano and Spoon like this.
  17. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Hearty agreement to all. I only stock 2 vendors, and it's an unnecessary PITA. One way to help the economy prosper is to remove the gratuitous 'friction' in the form of cumbersome UI.

18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ooooh new idea! Because I'd like to run a sale at my Brittany Alleys merchant, and just about cancelled it before it started due to how long it's going to take me, how about sales?

If it is store wide, set a 50% discount until a certain time. It would be nice if something indicating that it is a temporary price reduction showed up as well, maybe a line through price, then the current price.

Spoon likes this.
  19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Would Love to have such a function.

20. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Aaaaaand the sale is cancelled. The day has moved on and suddenly I don't have the time to reprice 100 items.

I wasn't really looking forward to repricing after the sale either... so it's probably better this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.