Stone Circles and Paths Taken

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by FireLotus, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

[SIZE=3][I][COLOR=#c0c0c0]A Journal Entry by FireLotus[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]

Not too long ago, I noted that the Lunar Rift outside Owl’s head had begin working again. That, at the time, seemed only relevant in regards to my own decision (or lack of) to step into it again. But slowly, and now that I really reflect on it, unsurprisingly, more people like me have started emerging from it. Outlanders, I suppose. At least that it what the “locals” would call us. Some even patronize the Tavern. I’ve tried to maintain appearances, that I have always been here, but the desire to connect with others like me…. Well, that’s a powerful desire not to act on.

So I have started whispering my secret to a select few that I’ve gotten to know and gotten to trust. All of their experiences are unique to each of them, but they do share some things in common. They all speak of arriving here in a blinding light. They all speak of never really feeling like they belonged back where they were. And they all speak of feeling connected to this place somehow, like on some unconscious level they always knew that they belonged here.

In turn, I’ve shared the knowledge I have gathered during my time here with those whom I trust. They understand that my being shrouded in secret makes things easier, as they have all experiences the distrust and skepticism of the people who live here. I suppose I was lucky to have arrived alone, to have resembled the long lost daughter of a beloved merchant here who had recently boarded up his Tavern to go search for her. He had been missing for almost 3 seasons when I arrived, and my “safe-return” was celebrated. I had only planned to continue this ruse until I could enjoy a hot bath and find some clean clothes to wear, but I felt so at home here. And safe. I hadn't felt safe since I arrived, and that was the most compelling reason of them all to stay a while.

But now that there are others like me, I have to admit that I am tempted to go off and find adventure with them. I’ve never been one to seek shelter from the storm, or to stay put for very long. And Thomas could easily mind the Tavern for me, just as he does when I would travel to meet with my contacts in the Red Sash. Some of them have even discovered that they can tap into the magic of this place like I can. Imagine what we could learn from each other. Imagine the places we could see and the mysteries we could uncover.

I may not know where my path is meant to take me, but I do know that there is a path, and it is one I am compelled to follow. And I thank my new-found friends for reminding me.

2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Does this mean my fictional avatar Mark can still arrive without seeing the "blinding light"? I spoke of him falling asleep and then waking up in the Vale. Maybe it happened and he just slept through it? That would be just like Mark!

3. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I don't see why not! :)

Tahru, Sargeras Dragon and RDouglas like this.
  4. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Thanks!

Tahru and RDouglas like this.
  5. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Hail and well met m'lady! If you wish to write a little bit of "back story" for our little interactive thread, "Tales of the Red Hat Gnomes Part 2" we will try to remain faithful to your description of the FireLotus Tavern. We have taken some liberties I fear already, but nothing that can't be overlooked if we had more "authoritative" guidance on the Tavern.

Tahru and Ariella like this.
  6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Fire Lotus I am making a copy off all these posts for my library in game. I will sign them as you.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

?
    Through the lunar rift books are already in the game?

Tahru likes this.
  8. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

*applauds*

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.