Stone Soup?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Bedawyn, May 14, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Not sure if this should be bug reported or not -- is it intentional that the Stone Soup quest
    (a) doesn't appear in the task list,
    (b) doesn't appear in the journal,
    and (c) doesn't appear to give any XP,
    even though it's clearly a gathering quest?

If it were only one missing bit, I'd assume of course it was a bug. But since it's all three, I can't help thinking it's intentional, although I can't see the logic in the intention.

Sonja and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I’m not familiar with that quest, but maybe it’s one of the oldest ones. They didn’t have journal entries or any of the “modern conveniences.” Please feel free to report it as a bug, and let me know details like the name of the NPC that starts the quest and where they are. Thanks!

3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Will do! I wanted to check if it was a daily anyway (it seems like a good opportunity for one), so getting the bug report info will give me a good excuse to go back there.

Sonja and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Also, this quest reminded me of how unappealing the daily beggar interaction is. Most of the beggars, the ones with no names, are just rude (including the one near the start of this quest). And when I was homeless in real life, the panhandlers in town were rarely homeless themselves; they were just after booze money. The actual homeless people didn't beg (most of us had jobs), were perfectly friendly, and would definitely have preferred food (or better yet, a shower or laundry access) to a money handout.

Now, I don't expect the game to do anything about showers, but we already have people complaining about the lack of use for low-level foods. Why can't we give the beggars that banana bread we have piling up? Would be better (and more virtuous) than a measly 1 gold.

Sonja, Witcheypoo, Adam Crow and 2 others like this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Sonja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.