Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stop auto-switching to combat deck

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Wintermute of CoF, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

This has been bugging me for a number of releases. Whenever something attacks me the combat deck is auto-selected, however my weapon is not automatically drawn so, especially if I'm a melee character, having the combat deck in place is basically useless until I manually draw my weapon anyway.

If I'm standing rezzing my pet then, even if something attacks me, I want to continue doing that until I'm ready to fight back or run away. Either way, I do not want to switch to combat mode without rezzing my pet, and I do not want to waste a locked deck slot on pet rez just to work around the issue.

I would like the game to either:
    1. Not switch to the combat deck until I manually select combat mode (and, for bonus points, immediately switch back when I deselect combat)
    2. If it's going to switch to combat mode, at least unsheathe my sword at the same time

2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

For 1, I agree it should not switch automatically upon being hit. However, if there is no delay to switch back to non combat, it will simply be used as another combat hot bar that you toggle with just by sheathing your weapon.

3. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

That's fair enough, though I think you can't drop combat glyphs onto the standard bar? Of course if it wasn't switching automatically in the first place I wouldn't be so impatient for it to switch back.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes! I vote that my character only goes into combat mode if I specifically do so!

I've complained about this before and was summarily ignored.

Lord Baldrith, Chatele and Bluefire like this.
  5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Here, here! I do not appreciate being auto-switched into combat, either. Sure play some "you're under attack" music and flash red but let me enter combat mode when I am ready.

Lord Baldrith and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.