1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Store Credits Exchange to Gold Crowns: May 7th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

My guess is that valuation for COTOs is one step removed from real money, and fluctuates based on and in-game market, versus store credit which has a 1:1 relationship with real money.

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

What about SC balances that don’t end in 0 or 5?

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

"Alright so when the sub routine compounds the interest it uses all these extra decimal places that just get rounded off. So we simplified the whole thing, we rounded them all down, drop the remainder into an account we opened."

sotawiz and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

It doesnt have to be about the COTOs. Just see your $5 as a donation in return for that period's pledge rewards.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  5. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

whats about a paymentplan on bundles/upgrades we got before final wipe? im remember i upgrade my one to edelman with monthly payment. maybe that would help a lot of peoples.

6. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

With a payment plan i could upgrade my PoT easily =)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

also other´s buy big bundle and every time on next step from bundle get greater deed....until its finish...AND porta can calc what´s min. income next month....

8. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

im sure a lot of people will do a pot-town bundle maybe by 100$ each month....

9. Andreaus Whitefyre

Andreaus Whitefyre Avatar

I am upset by this. I was Saving my Store Credit Coupons to buy a POT later on or a Tax Free Lot during part 2. I am not happy.

10. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

taxes do that....

11. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I know you guys hate when people ask "When?" but is there any update on when bundles will available in game for cotos? With the phasing out of store credit is this something that will be available sooner rather than later?

12. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

Does anyone remember the old COTO exchange rates? I feel like we are getting hosed a bit here. I have been putting $20 a month into Store Credit to build up a nest egg. I could have been buying COTOs instead. Now the COTO rate has been changed to be less COTOs per dollar AND I am being forced to change all my Store Credit into COTOs. We should really get the exchange rate we would have gotten when we bought the store credit.

sotawiz likes this.
  13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

You might be disappointed - the change wasnot much on max package (d with 03.03.2018 they changed the prices)
    before you got 1 COTO for 0,85 $ and now its 0,87$ + taxes (in the max available purchase)

so the big package changed not much but the smallest did (from 1$ to 1,25$+taxes)

14. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

I don't recall all the prices, but I thought the top was $85 for 100COTOs. That is $0.85 per COTO. Now the top is $100 for 115COTOs. That is $0.87 per COTO. Not a huge per COTO difference in those two packages. That said, the basic COTO was $5 for 5COTOs. That's $1 per COTO. Now the basic is $5 for 4COTOs. That is $1.25 per COTO. That's a 25% price increase. I don't have an amount of store credit an exact multiple of $100. I doubt most people have numbers in exact multiples of $100.

Additionally, a lot of us are currently spending $5 a month in store credit every telethon to save for big purchases. With the COTO switch and the new prices we are spending $5 a month to get $4 a month worth of goods {from my perspective of $1 per COTO to $1.25 per COTO}.

I understand that Portalarium is trying to navigate the complexities of International law. I didn't know COTOs changed back in March. I just know that these two changes happening, from my perspective, at the same time feels bad.

sotawiz, LoneStranger and Barugon like this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree.

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

To make sure I got full current value I just upgraded my remaining store credit and spent a few bucks more to make sure I was at $40. Not the best solution, but it is a working solution.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

So buy more Store Credit to get up to an even multiple... That's what I did.

18. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The exchange of Store Credits into Gold Crowns is proceeding. No lock-out of store credit usage has occurred yet - the several hours between removal of credits and adding of Crowns amount seems best done later today, possibly overnight.

(Any store credit value that changes between now and then will be addressed, allowing for final store credit purchases in the current time frame)

We're triple-checking conversion rates and values, and confirming that logging of final conversion values occurs in an easily digestible format for any account inquiries.

I will continue to move slowly on this in an abundance of caution, making sure everything is proper. Thank you!

19. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

If you had any store credits on your account before today, you should now see your store credits to Crowns conversion package(s) on your Account page under your Special Rewards tab.

To get the Crowns in game, go to any bank and claim rewards.

If you have any questions, please email support@portalarium.com.

Berek, Daxxe Diggler, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.