1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Store Purchase Conversions - Final Offer Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Jul 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you have been waiting to convert your purchases to store credits, the following times will be your FINAL three chances, so long as you have NOT claimed your rewards at the bank:
    • Monday July 25 11:00 AM CDT
    • Wednesday July 27 7:00 PM CDT
    • Thursday July 28 9:00 AM CDT
    The conversion process will work exactly as it has in previous releases.

If you upgraded a property owning pledge since the last wipe, you ended up with extra lot deeds which will have now been wiped (lot deeds do not stack). Your current deed amount will match your purchases when Release 32 goes live.

Please note that because we are wiping offers multiple times, you will end up with multiple sets of rewards.

EDIT: Edited times to CDT from CST

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

So if we purchase more deeds or pledges or whatever after the Thursday July 28th 9AM wipe, then melt them down and purchase them again, doesn't that mess up the count for R32? I've never seen this work correctly in any release, so I'm asking because I don't understand why it would work this time and not all the others.

Seems like we have to have a wipe and a lock down on melting items for this to work correctly without extra stuff showing up in people's banks. Maybe I don't understand how this works.

If you guys says it's going to work I believe you. :)

I still have like 4000 extra items in my bank though from many purchases and meltdowns.

Leelu, DancingShade and Time Lord like this.
  3. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

"So if we purchase more deeds ... then melt them down and purchase them again..."

In your example, is there a redemption of rewards before the melt down and after the first purchase?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Here's what I know:

1. I purchased a some row lot deeds both prior and after the last wipe.
    2. I did not "claim rewards" for months after the wipe.
    3. I melted down some of these row lots for store credit.
    4. At some point just before or just after R31 began, I claimed rewards for the very first time. I do not believe that my account had row lots on it at that time. (otherwise they would still be on my account because I claimed rewards)
    5. I still have row lots in my bank inventory, even though I no longer have ANY row lots on my account.

Does that make sense?

If it does and I have identified a huge problem that if fixed will avert disaster, please feel free to give me a row lot for bringing it to your attention a full 7 days before the wipe. :)

5. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Aha! Yes, this makes sense in your very specific case... As we upgraded our account system, there was introduced an issue where if an account was inspected by us (basically pulling up a web page to view a backer's account) the state at that time was baked into our fulfillment tables. This was for redeemed and unredeemed rewards alike. What was missed was a clearing from that fulfillment table if something unredeemed was converted to credits by the system. Relevant to that I created SOTA-31471 which was completed on July 5th.

So, no worries, that will not happen again. Thank you for asking, though, and the detail here that let us be sure there is nothing disastrous lying in wait.

6. Drocis the Devious

Cool :)

7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The plan is also that deeds are not tradeable in game after the Final Wipe until R33, correct?

@Chaox @DarkStarr

Lady Adnor, Time Lord, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

yes

9. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Awesome. I have a ton of stuff I bought to play around with and test, looking forward to locking it down to just the items I want moving forwards.

It's still a long list though, heh.

10. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Not sure if I understand how this works, so I am using your post as an example: I thought items could only be converted to credits if they have not been claimed in-game. So if you bought stuff "to test..." as you said, would you still be able to turn them into credits if you've claimed and used them in-game?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I know what he means, I've also done this once I noticed it works like this... what you do is, buy some items now, claim them (play with them and test them), then on the first day of items being 'converted' by the devs, you can take those items you have already tested (and own in game), and on your account page, convert them to credits (the in-game copies still exist, even though you melted it down to credits), buy more stuff from the addon store with those credits, then test stuff again (claim in game)... devs come and 'convert' the stuff again, and repeat! I hope that made sense.. it's hard to type that out :)

After all this testing is done, and you have copies of items you should not have, wipe will clear the board and make all right. But these 3 days give us the opportunity to test out things we may or may not want.. such an opportunity will not come again for us, as this is final wipe coming, and wipes were what made this possible.

12. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Yeah that's exactly it. I would buy add ons for cash normally and when full wipes would come along I'd pick and choose what was a "keeper" and what would get melted before I logged back in. I knew there was a final melting opportunity coming up before Release 32 so I could always lock down my final choices later.

The "keeper" list has ended up pretty long now though, but no regrets! I'm particularly a big fan of the kobold & viking aesthetics. The art styles for both of them are are excellent.

13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

• Monday July 25 4:00 PM UTC (6:00 PM in Paris)
    • Thursday July 28 0:00 AM UTC (2:00 AM in Paris)
    • Thursday July 28 2:00 PM UTC (4:00 PM in Paris)
    If I made no mistake

Edit : I made a mistake on the second. Fixed, I think.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  14. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the conversion!

15. Lysippe

Lysippe Avatar

The faq information has been changed
    • Why can’t I convert my add-on to credits?
    When you log in to play the game, your pledge rewards and add-ons are deposited into your in-game bank and become flagged as “claimed”. These items cannot be converted to Store Credit."

so i need only basic answer ;when these days can i convert to my purchases to store credits ? i bought some stuff and ofcourse i had to try them ; so all of them situations are "claimed in game" on my account page but i want to change them or upgrade them ;finally can i or can't ?

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

At the three times mentioned, your account page will no longer say that your purchased items are claimed in game. Instead, you will have the option to convert them to credits. I think charity items are the only exception. You don't need to convert them exactly at the posted times. As long as you don't log into the game (thus "re-claiming" your items) after the posted times, the ability to convert your purchases to credit won't go away.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Logging into the game does not automatically claim your rewards. You have to explicitly click the "claim rewards" button at the bank.

18. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

So the first 2 times listed, Monday July 25th and Wednesday July 27th, are before the final wipe. Does that mean that items that have been claimed in game (and can no longer be converted to credits from your account page) will be reactivated on the account page so you can "melt" them for credits?

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Yes. The are wiping the claims form data and those items will remain unclaimed until you claim them in the bank using "claim rewards." You can login and use the bank and play the game, as long as you don't click "claim rewards."

Lord Barugon, Valdor and Time Lord like this.
  20. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Thank you. I've been avoiding going to the bank and claiming new addons because there are others I don't want to claim, because I might want to melt them. But if I can do this Monday, all is good.

By the way, I think it would be good if you could control which items are claimed. You may have reasons for wanting items to stay in your account inventory rather than everything getting dumped to the bank in-game.

Bushmaster and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.