STORY LINE IS IMPORTANT titles and incentives are not good though

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Isaiah, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I like the story driven idea of this game. However the Dev Team working on PvP incentives and special reward items in my opinion is a waste of energy. It opens you up to a tiered item system.

Yeah I admit it would be cool to have a black cloak for getting 100 PvP kills. However in a year from now everyone will own that cloak. They will need a new tier and another and another. DONT START THIS SYSTEM PLEASE!!! I left WoW because of the grinding and the non-stop item upgrades.

I took a risk donating to this game, but I thought it was reasonable just don't add a bunch of fluff that complicates the game and takes away from the story line. Ultima Onine is a good example of not needing an incentive to PvP nor have rewards and titles.

Come on in 5 years how many rewards and titles will we all have??? lets not do this please!

DavenRock likes this.
  2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I dont know why we need two threads about more or less the same. it is obvious that nobody in Portalarium want to make a WoW clone. I think that both games are really very different (or will be).

DavenRock likes this.
  3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Keep in mind i think this game has the potential of being the best medieval RPG ever. I just hope that nobody loses sight during the development of the game and accidentally makes it a bit like WoW.

DavenRock likes this.
  4. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

For me UO was the vest medieval RPG even... So, if someone can do it again this must me RG and Portalarium. And renember about the history: Tracy Hickman!

DavenRock likes this.
  5. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Rewards for killing is stupid. It exists for three reasons:
    1) I lost but I got some kills so give me partial credit
    2) I won and it was particularly difficult so give me more credit
    3) I killed the most, so clearly I want a valuable member of my team and didn't just get carried

Really you'd just want to reward people for advancing the story. There's some campaign where you free the captives, take the bridge, clear the town, etc. This is what needs to be rewarded. Again, I understand why the kills are there but that shouldn't really be what's tied to the rewards.

6. smack

smack Avatar

There's so many threads like this that it's rather funny. There's even a huge thread to drop the entire story and only do PvP content. There's threads on asking the Devs to not waste time on anything but crafting.

C'mon guys, get real. If you're concerned about the Devs "wasting" time on non-Story related work, I might suggest you make Update #17 your browser home page.

My take on achievements -- if you don't like them, don't do them? They're not required and won't affect your gameplay experience if you ignore them.

I'm more interested in any achievements that unlocks new areas of the map to explore, or is related to the story in some way, and how the world reacts to you. The others? Not so much. If I happen to kill 100 rats during my other quests, and I get a "Rat Murderer" achievement, so be it. Won't affect how I play the rest of the game.

7. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

If people mean story like swtor where you just run through a story and not do much else then no.
    I know the game will be more then that.
    If the story line is more like that werewolf game the dev's played where someone in the game is a wolf and the others have to figure out who that is then yea I like those kinds of stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.