"Story Release" End of July? Continuing on the Path of Truth...

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Vyrin, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I reckon we'll see.......

Vyrin likes this.
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

I had another important thought about the story. Couldn't specify it until now and should have included it in the original post.

Wasn't the story set-up as a need to investigate the aftermath of the Blood River Massacre? We learn maybe the reason as to why the elves were massacred, but nothing about who did it, or why they did it, or even if they will be brought to justice, or even if they need to be.

The conflict that is set up at the beginning of the story has to have some resolution too. Compare to the Path of Love, where the conflict is the undead uprising and the end feels like it will resolve that problem. (There are many other issues with that path, but at least there is a parallel from Solace Bridge to Malice). With the path of truth, not quite sure if the Massacre is resolved.

Cordelayne, Alley Oop and Jens_T like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Reading all of you posts about the story I really wonder what they were thinking... I myself tried to follow the Path of Love and the Path of Courage but I was annoyed by all of those Fedex quests and quests in which we have to go from NPC A to NPC B to NPC C... Is this really an exciting story? This is lame - sorry to say it. But it simply is lame. It is boring, it is not fun. I was bored so fast and now reading that even when playing further nothing really seems to get better is very disappointing. They are not really resolving the Blood River Massacre? Really? Why do we have a story in this game if it is implemented to half-heartedly, so uninspired?
    And the story will be finished in a few week? God forbid...

Vyrin and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The path of truth was the last of the 3 stories to be playable and i dont think its completely finished. It for sure isnt polished yet, but the path of love was the first to be completed and has recieved polish as well

Vyrin likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The resolution and quest line to complete all 3 stories hasnt been revealed or implimented in any state yet. They may very well all be interconnected in a way that one may reveal reasoning behind other

Vyrin and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I do not see how the Truth Path was resolved like the other two were -
    1. Anapa was killed, Sequanna was freed, you help Samael out and he becomes a companion.
    2. Peace treaty with the Kobalds and Grannus gives you the Scepter.
    3. You find Boreaus dead and get his crown, but nothing happens to Notus, who started the massacre and Artiface forges.

I guess you find out at the end who created the artifacts that messed up the Titans how to resolve that.

Although based on the Path of the Oracle quests, reading the Dire Prophecy reminds me of finding the Codex in Ultima 4.

7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

The thought plagues me

*duck*.. sorry.. lol it was right there begging me

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Bubonic and Vyrin like this.
  8. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

Just a reminder, friends!

Portalarium has consistently missed all estimated dates for features (although never for monthly releases) so yes; in the best possible scenario story *might* be completable by the end of the July, if you're lucky enough not to find a blocker bug.

Story will be completable by end of July (I bet they will miss this one), it will be "enjoyable/playable" maybe in October, and will be complete... well...----> see answer for "When is SotA official release/launch date?"

Cordelayne, Vyrin and discipleofweb like this.
  9. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

maybe in 2025, when EP2 is "released"? ;)

10. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Actually the R42 Instructions said this:
    • Story: We will do final polish on the Path of Truth including incidental NPCs and side quests in areas like Xenos and Etceter. We will polish visuals of the final sequence with Titan Boreas in the Path of Truth. Highvale Outskirts, a new scene that players start in after the Battle of Highvale Village, will come online for the first time.
    So the "final polish" was done, even side quests. The only part undone it seems is visual polish in the final sequence. I think it's safe to assume based on their own communication that WYSIWYG.

discipleofweb likes this.
  11. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Actually this too is not true... it started to be implemented in R42:

Path of the Oracle: For those brave avatars who have completed the Paths of Truth, Love, and Courage, they know that at the end, they were instructed to meet with the Oracle, personally, in her chambers in Brittany… The Oracle is waiting. Release 42 sees the first implementation of the Path of the Oracle, the ending sequence of the main story for Episode 1. Players who have received an invitation may now enter the Oracle Chamber in Central Brittany, and learn from the Oracle what next they must do to discover the true meaning of the Dire Prophecies and why they have been called to New Britannia. Note that the Path of the Oracle is not yet complete and some quests are marked “Not yet implemented” in a player’s journal if awarded. As more high-level scenes come online in future releases, more of the Path of the Oracle will open.

I won't provide a full review until it's complete like the other paths. But time is short here before the end of July to do so. Which brings up another problem. Even if (BIG if) the Path of the Oracle is complete in R43. That leaves one month to polish and test it fully before release. Is that realistic?

12. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Simple answer?

No.

Cordelayne and Vyrin like this.
  13. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

Vyrin likes this.
  14. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

Great post!

My first thought with the quest line was "So where is this bonesteel , no one seems to even use it"

I'm predicting that in 1 or 1 releases, lich ring will be renamed "bonesteel lich ring"

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Cordelayne and Vyrin like this.
  15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

It will be end of July at the earliest. There are five areas that need to be rebuilt to finish the story - all three Colossus areas and two ruins. If you add in the two outskirts areas, that is seven areas. I will be busy in QA to find what I can and make sure stuff works.

Vyrin and Alley Oop like this.
  16. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

and the confluence

Vyrin likes this.
  17. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

You have done great with surfacing bugs... we need more people like you to hit these quests hard over the coming month.

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Would love to help, but sadly, cannot because the changes they made back in R36 crash my video card.

Vyrin likes this.
  19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Paladis Shardfall? I also thought the Oracle Colossus was required too but not sure.

Vyrin likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep. oracle colossus is clearly plot, but not something we've been told about yet, so it's gotta be sometime after paladis.

Vyrin and discipleofweb like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.