Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Storyline: PAth of Love --> Shuttered Eye Tower - Adv. lvl 44

Discussion in 'Release 67 Feedback' started by Paladin Michael, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

For test purposes I made an Avatar. Finished the Outskirts and some Soltown Quests.
    He is now Adv.lvl. 44 - using Cloth/Leather and Bludgeon, and of course magic. (I started with Banish Undead lvl 1 by entering and left with lvl 10).

I tried to follow the story. So after Min Liang Tan send me to Tower of Shuttered Eye I gave it a try.
    And I think alot people could do so, even they not did every quest in Soltown or Outskirts.

Now that everybody starts on the path of love, there should be some modification to make it possible to go on with the storyline after Outskirts and Soltown / Ardoris:
    @Sannio, hope you have time to read this :)

1. I arrived at night at Approach of the Shuttered Eye: Hardened Skeletons around - no chance ... Also with potions, blessings and healing, I only could manage one very hard.

Harder is it if just one Archer appears! No chance with two hardened Sk, of course.

2. Also at daylight, Spiders and large Skeletons are hard to defend. One large Skeleton, okay, if an Archer appears, no ...

So I would suggest,
    1. Min Liang Tan warns to enter the Area of the Shuttered Eye from Dusk til Dawn ;)
    --> No chance for a newbie. And this is really frustrating.

2. we could receive a teleport point into the tower for story purpose only

OR (what I think could be a nice solution)

3. ONLY FOR THIS reason let Fiona Fitzowen follow the Avatar!!! (I know, it was said, Companions only in offline mode, but later Samael also will follow ;) Sure, Samael also would be fine, following us into the tower, but to have Fiona one time in online mode would be awesome!
    --> That said, it would be awesome to have each Companion for ONE special quest also in online mode!)

BESIDES:
    What about another entrance at the Shuttered Eye area?
    Currently there are two, which are very close.
    Consider this, please:
    1. from behind the Tower? And maybe Min could give us a secret tower key for the back door which still can be seen ... )
    2. from the hill a secret door leading from / into the abandoned hut? :)

Thank you for taking your time to read this :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

All three of the Virtue Quests eventually lead to tier 5 areas (Approach to the Shuttered Eye is labeled a tier 4, but it really is a tier 5 area).

Your character will need to continue to develop until you can progress within these areas. I believe the gap of needed levels to do the tier 5 areas is intended to drive the player to continue to develop their character to overcome these areas.

Personally, I think the area is still designed just fine. A new character entering there is going to quickly discover they are just not ready to handle this area yet, and should return again at a later time.

3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I have no problem with the area - it's one of my favorites - I was there for a long time and enjoyed it :)

I don't talk about to lower the tier! (No problem to have it upgraded to a +6 tier)

I am talking about the ability to play a game - based on story - without interested in other activities YET ...

A new player who just wants to follow the storyline won't care about 'level' or 'develop'.

If we are talking about new user experience, a reason why the intro was removed and Solace Bridge and starter areas - another time - edited by Sannio,
    we also should think about, if a player who is here for the storyline should be forced into other activities, before he can follow the main storyline?

Or another view: are there enough STORY DRIVEN possibilities given to earn XP to raise our Adv.lvl, which is needed to follow the main story?

Sometimes - and this is the case with Shuttered Eye - the area, a new player is sent to was designed for a higher tier experience.
    That's okay. But there should be a way around to help new players to follow the main story without too many interruptions.

That's not new - for the same reason there is
    - Samael helping us in Midras and Malice.
    - another way -besides PvP scenes- to reach the vaults for the Path of the Oracle.

So - technically - it shouldn't be a problem to give us a Companion earlier on our path.
    And if there are reasons not to involve Fiona, Samael would be fine, too.

This also would make the game more interesting.
    And Companions of the Virtues wouldn't be just 'extras' (and just providing a quest to receive another virtue armor).
    They could help us one time in game for a special quest - and on every path there is one quest, which is connected to their home town (Ardoris, Resolute, Aerie), where they could get involved.
    So for example: Fiona to help us to reach Shuttered Eye Tower and Min Liang Tan ...

That's what I am talking about - not to change the Shuttered Eye Area (tier) :)

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Added as issue #65299

Personally, I've always thought players were sent to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye (and Necropolis) too early. This scene hasn't been touched in a long time, but maybe it's time for a review and possibly some minor tweaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.