1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Stretch Goals

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

Who knows, "flexible weapons" may be important for some peoples virtues...

Oh dear, I hadn't thought of it like that.
    Just for the record, I'm not into S&M, neither in RL nor from a RP aspect. But each to their own I guess.

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Such a dirty mind. There are a lot of uses for whips and chains in a dungeon other than that. ;)

But now that you mention it, we might need some new leather armor model designs. :rolleyes:

God and NirAntae like this.
  3. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

You naughty, naughty boy!
    Can I join your guild?? Please?! :cool:

Grayhawk, NirAntae and Umbrae like this.
  4. G Din

G Din Avatar

Lies...

5. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

This thread is suddenly becoming veeeerrry interesting... O:-}

Myrcella and Umbrae like this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I liked the whips in Castlevania.

7. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

This post was liked for this sentence alone.

Anyway, back on topic: Whips. Flexible weapons are pretty cool. When Dark Age added them, only one class had access to them. I can't remember what they were, only that they were usually Inconnu .. maybe Vampires? No, it was something else. But they were Albs, and they needed to die.

Gunga Din [Pax] likes this.
  8. G Din

G Din Avatar

Whats more impressive is that I only had to edit the post 10 times to fix the typos !!

Sir Stile Teckel and Kilhwch like this.
  9. stile

stile Avatar

Im great with the decision made, even happier for the reasons given, but most of all the honesty. To many game companies make.. Colorful excuses for things or a multitude of other poor choices that lead to disappointment. Giving me info straight, honest, and to the point earns my respect and interest as a consumer. Course thats why i kickstarted to begin with.. I knew thats what to expect from this dev team :)

Devoid, NirAntae, Deathblow and 3 others like this.
  10. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Yea, the $2.25M goal was aswell the one, i was looking most forward and the trigger, that i really start to go higher in pledging, because i was beliefing, that we would get it aswell after we met the 2.25 million $.

The VR wasn't ever a intesting stetch goal for me. Ok, i would most likely be happy to see it in a game, but i think more in 5 years or something like this. Not likely i would get a Occulus Rift in the near future.

But Modding Tools are something i like most in games and hearing, that Shroud of the Avatar woudn't possible get some anymore, or if then possible only in the more distant future, is a big downer.
    The Expanded Player Customization is aswell such a point. More and more games actually supporting them, where you can create the body how you like it and even modders managed to create an NIF editor for Skyrim, where you can edit the model simple with sliders. And its always fun to customize an Ava with it.
    So SOTA would most likely be a good game, but without this things not the awaited holy grail i was looking for in the future. Ok, would be aswell a point against the single player mode, who would become not so attactive after all anymore.

11. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I still have issues with how this was handled. If this was how your thinking was going why didn't you annouce it 2 weeks ago? more? before that final goal was reached? why wait until the very day you reach the 2.5 million to annouce that it doesn't matter anymore? Its that, not the change which is plain wrong

12. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I do agree it would have been nice to have had an official announcement earlier, but I would hope they were spending more time on the game than the administrative stuff. Heck Harebrained Schemes waited until the Shadowrun was pending release to break the news that their DRM-free promise during their KS campaign was only half-hearted (DRM-free version would be non-updated/supported after the 1st DLC).

Also, none of this means we won't get the stretch goals. We just won't necessarily get them at launch. I am pretty sure we will see VR and Modding tools eventually. Maybe even before EP2 if the game sells well once its released.

13. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Hi Starr,

The recent news and decisions make perfect sense. I am also in favor of refining the game and making it a truly deep involing story-driven experience. Very pleased with the update. Thank you, sir.

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  14. TigerKhan

TigerKhan Avatar

I can't wait for this game to come out! keep up the good work dev team I know the game will be like the UO experience

15. G Din

G Din Avatar

True..

What they could have done was say, hey listen, during the kickstarter we did not reach the 2.5 mil mark. Therefore, as we plan and allocate funds, we will do so considering only the milestones we reached during the kickstarter.

If we do continue to increase our funds, then at a later date we may implement the 2.25 and 2.5 stretch goals.

Problem is, they didnt reach the later stretch goals till 5-6 months post kickstarter, so they really didn't have the funds at the time to put into their plans (Which is understandable). When did they reach 2.25? I can't remember.

16. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

not long after kickstarter and the problem with that is that RG stated that there still would be strech goals, that they would reevaluate which were achivable, which needed to be changed once kickstarter closed but that there would be goals that could be worked towards, but then there were no annoucements on changing them till AFTER the 2.5 is reached and then its that they are not delivering. Thats disingenuous. I have no intrest in VI but I have a real problem with the silence until AFTER the targets are reached before changing the game.

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

18. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I'm assuming it came up now because a lot of people started inquiring as the goal was near, and I also convo'd with FireLotus because the info sheet I recently put together involved stretch goals.

I'm not sure what you want them to say... The reasoning for this course of action is sound. They didn't promote the stretch goals for the past 6 months then say "lol changed our mind" so it sounds like it fell through the cracks rather than deceit. This crowd funding process has been an ongoing learning process. Could it have been done better? Sure. Are they human with a lot on their plates? Yes. What more can be said?

Annavas Azon, God, NirAntae and 3 others like this.
  19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I seem to suffer from this, daily.

20. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

And suffer you shall! Muhahahahaha
    Oh wait, that goes for me too! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.