Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Stuck and unable to get character out of location: Artifice

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Malakie, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

I went through the quest in the Artifice, with the last part being told to go back to Hephaestus and report to him.. I did, he says something about unlocking the gate..

However, I am unable to find any way or place to leave.. If I go back to yellow door for the library, I end up in the library.. If I got up the steps from the forge room, I can backtrack ALL the way to the very first room you enter when you come inside the artifice in the beginning. And I can go all the way back down to the forge room and library.. I can find no way at all to exit this place and obviously, have completed all the steps for this quest series according to the NPC's and statements in chat..

I exited to main menu and logged back in and am still stuck inside this room.. Any ideas?

2. StPhil

StPhil Avatar

I had the same problem, and ended up using a recall scroll. The quest was complete and I had already been awarded the xp, so hopefully no this won't produce new problems down the line.

3. Tyrir Lux

Tyrir Lux Avatar

use the /stuck command

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Isn’t there an exit in the Library?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is, but it's pretty hard to find. check the other stairways up in the library.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

Thanks all.. I got lucky in that I had ONE recall scroll in a pack I had carried for something else... Must have forgot I had it or something.. And I did check the library but was not able to find any exit there either... I was about to write a support ticket and shut down the game when I happened to look in that pack I had and found a recall scroll I did not realize I had.. it worked.

Ironically, not 5 minutes after using it, I CTD'd the game.... dunno if related but I thought this exit bug had been fixed ... we are in release and you would think someone had Q/A'd the major quests like this....

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

the other option is exit to menu, hit start on overworld :)

and yes, the way out is hard but once you know where it is, its actually not so bad.. if you run around the upper level of the library (eg the kinda ridge above the bookshelves) you WILL find it

8. Malakie

Malakie Avatar

well ****.. I did not even notice that menu command to start on world map before.. LOL and I have been around since the beginning of backing the game... geez. No reason to go back into that place now as once I did find the recall scroll and leave, that was it... Probably never go back again, I assume...

liz_the_wiz and Jaesun like this.
  9. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and the additional comments! Issue #61360

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.