Stuck on Ghostly Echoes in Highvale Outskirts (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Kara Brae, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I completed the Highvale Outskirts quest on my online account ages ago but made no notes, so I am stymied trying to repeat the ghostly echo quest on my offline account. I seem to remember some closure for Hyla about the whereabouts of her dad, but I can't get it this time around.

I did the main quest, defeated the geistesser and the servant has resigned. At some point, one of the ghostly echoes spoke to me, but now none will speak to me.

The message I get when I try to talk to one of the echoes is "The ghostly echo no longer notices you are there".

When I ask Esmeralda about the ghostly echoes she says: "You've learned all you can from the ghostly echos. Time to move forward."

Is this the way it is supposed to be? Or is there someone else I need to talk to?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Kara Brae,
    i remember her closure being a note to find.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

The note is on the ground in the house behind the elven camp.

It also has a magic mirror inside and a ghostly echo nearby.

Kara Brae and Jaesun like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Thanks @discipleofweb and @Alley Oop. I found the note and was able to complete the quest.

I also discovered why I didn't find the note and why I didn't see the mirror on the floor in another Highvale Outskirts quest that I asked for help about. Both scenes had mist covering the floor. The combination of lighting in the room my computer is in and my current graphic settings make it almost impossible for me to see objects on the floor through the mist. When I did those quests months ago with my main character I didn't have that problem. :)

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it does seem like they turned mist opacity up this release. i like it for the most part, but i can see how it'd be a problem for that spot. maybe bug it so they can tune it for note visibility?

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.