Submission Thread for A New Magnificent Trophy Rooms Contest

Discussion in 'Portalarium Events & Calendar' started by Berek, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusive_allusion

illusive_allusion Avatar

I realize that this is hours after the deadline. I am having trouble inserting the images. Only one has properly posted.OK, problem solved finally--imgur has a way of dishing up links which the forum was choking on.

Aengus loves to fish. He fished all day in Oracle Oasis, his home town nested in Soltown, and then fished another day in Ardoris. The first shot shows Aengus fishing for salmon and bass in Oracle Oasis, and the second shot shows him night-fishing in Ardoris for trout under the light of Daedalus and meteor showers and whatever-that-thing-in-the-sky-is. Aengus hopes that the thing does not scare away the fish as it gets nearer and nearer. Aengus fished up 24 bass, 19 salmon, 7 leather gloves, 4 trout, 3 cloth helms, 3 cloth gloves, 2 leather boots, 2 leather helms, and one pair of cotton cloth boots!

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]
    Aengus also loves to craft. He crafted many trophies. Phew, hard work. Aengus must pull out his hanky and wipe his brow. He did the crafting in Oracle Oasis as well. Both shots show him making up trophies on the tanning station.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the shots of the finished room. The concept was to provide a bar graph of sorts of what fishing yields up in two hours.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And that's that. The wall o' fish. Hope you enjoyed!

Berek, Rentier, CatherineRose and 3 others like this.
  2. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

Carnage of Chaos

I am writing this contribution during travels and hope to submit in time. This is a collaborative effort to provide an example how our community interacts and what it's members are able to accomplish.

The Trophy Room presented in this submission was decorated by Cambria and William: It is our Symbol of Chaos, baptized in fire and drenched in the blood spilled by friends, allies, acquaintances and spontaneous volunteers via senseless slaughter.

The Trophy Room is located on the second level of Winfield's basement somewhere in Pax Lair (good luck finding that, took me ages, should tried the Town Crier, it is on his lot, obviously). The basement was flagged PvP in honor of Chaos and to make killing each other sooo very much less of a hassle. Not a single fish was harmed in creating the trophies, though - a special sacrifice towards Chaos by Winfield.

The carnage started with a Party of eight members. As you can see, (ex-)members of BEAR are late, missing, confused or lost - a rather common homage to Chaos that is neither special, significant, or even difficult for everyone that is or was a member of BEAR (which btw leaves a stain of Chaos on an Avatar that can never be atoned for - you all made a choice here - deal with it).

Screenshots were taken by John (who later replaced Vallas, important man, busy schedule, examplary due to multiple kinds of early departure), DevilCult and me. If UI shots are the least amazing - thanks to UI you can see why

As depicted in "Depicting the Undepictable" (yes this neither is a word nor does the title really make sense - I am assuming the theme is now well established. And yes, I enjoy reducing the readability of text by including more and more context via fancy use of parentheses - and yes this is actually the plural of parenthesis, if you are not as surprised by this as me, shame on you), the Carnage of Chaos was started by (in chaotic order): William Serenite, Brogan Murphy, Gabriel Nightshadow, Me, DevilCult, Cambria Stormlin, and Vallas Tellen, and Rada Torment. Winfield was not able to make it, neither was Jack, which was to be expected, Lace went AWOL. Those three captured the essence of the event remarkably well. How is adhering to an event scheduled with barely half a day notice conveyed by someone who cannot even explain the most simplest of things in any way chaotic? Shame on everyone who was on time!

The reader is probably expecting pictures by now.

So, the Trophy Room depicting the undepictable is of course not orderly but in constant flux, the only thing resembling coherence is the unchanging Symbol of Chaos (why should Chaos make any sense). Naturally, the Trophy Room filled over time as shown with "3 screens of your trophy room" in "Depicting the Undepictable". "Creating the Carnage" shows the "2-3 screens of combating a creature that can provide a trophy". We omitted "2-3 screens of you in the crafting process for creating the trophies" although it is semantically the same as "combating a creature that can provide a trophy", but we are a lazy bunch and breaking rules is effort, so we don't care about "human skulls come as-is, no preparation needed", of course, but who cares.

The Carnage of Chaos was inspiring, apparently inspiring in a way such that more and more Avatars were converging in to leave their remains in Winfield's basement (I somehow enjoy to highlight that we ended up in Winfield's basement, which was not the plan at all, but my fault, because communicating in a meaningful way is hard, and preparations would have been useful, I guess. No shame on me, of course - what I choose to believe is that I did very well).

Creating the Carnage

In our case, the order of PART 1 first and PART 3 last is probably unintuitive and might not make much sense, if PVP is involved. In consequence, we present pictures in the correct order. Take from that whatever you want :)

Cambria dealing a killing blow:

[​IMG]

The Carnage of Chaos is quickly filling the Trophy Room:

[​IMG]

This does not need a comment (sadly):

[​IMG]

Depicting the Undepictable

The Trophy Room in three stages (in no particular order). As it remains a mystery what "trophy triumphs" are, it seems only appropriate to call the baptism of the Symbol of Chaos a triumph in the context of trophies.

We started with a single skull (can you spot it?):

[​IMG]

I would call this different lighting:

[​IMG]

Peace? Never!

[as a power adapter is delivered to my room (which apparently takes about 20 min at 2am), I will try your imagination via my cell, just in case :) Which is kinda hard. As I have no pc, a final screenshot seems to be no option. But to be honest? It is just more skulls, blood and senseless carnage. And the best picture is already in your head. Lord British propably would call that vision. In fact it is me feebly trying to make up for a missing picture. Ha!
    Update: As a power adapter is not to be found by staff nor randomly approached strangers, your imagination better comes close to my excelent display of chaotic submission of content! Also, past 2am, so there's that ;-) N8!]

In any case, if you want to see the full Trophy Room, the Town Crier in Pax Lair will guide you to Winfield's Castle Lot and the hatch is right next to his... humble abode. I guess it is a barn. You tell me.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Berek, Aeso Wondah, Rentier and 3 others like this.
  3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus

Thanks all for submitting a Trophy Room Contest Entry! We'll be selecting and presenting the winners on this Friday's R51 Postmortem livestream.

4. Berek

Congrats to the winners of the contest! We posted them in the OP. Please contact me to get your prize!

5. Berek

Quick update that we're going to provide the winners with the Trophy Room title from last year's event!

Rentier and Paulie Walnuts like this.
  6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

What if we already have it? :( @Berek

7. Berek

Then you are already awesome!! :)

8. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Lol sweet! We should get the title "Awesome"!

Datendrache likes this.
  9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Or even better, "Berek thinks I'm awesome".

I'd wear it proudly.

@Berek

Datendrache likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.