1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Submission Thread for Boss Battle of the Avatar Screenshot Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draugur2

Draugur2 Avatar

We don't always go killing the biggest and baddest Novia has to throw at us. Sometimes we like to relax at our local watering hole, the Serpent's Watch Inn. Peabo, Nataurz, Eclipse Maiden, and myself were already down a few rounds of ale when the door to the inn slowly opened with a creak. All of us turned our heads towards the the door expecting to see a friendly face but instead was shocked at the ragged withered old man standing there. We of course invited him to a sit and got the man a fresh drink. He thanked us and said he wanted to repay us. He had recently traveled from the distant land of Hidden Vale and there were whispers of relics buried with the dead in Wyrmsands. Well not many people are brave enough to even talk of the undead much less travel there and fight them. We thanked the man as we ran out the door and was on the next boat headed to Hidden Vale!

(HiddenVale_Desert_Tier4) (-144.9, 118.7, -162.1)
    While fighting undead for most of the day we walked by the massive remains of a dragon. Little did we know that where used to be a living dragons heart, a ghost corpian jumped from under the ground and attacked us!
    [​IMG]

Luckily Nat was quick to stun the foul beast as I was caught off guard! He saved my life!
    [​IMG]

It gave me enough time to take my sword and strike the corpian right below it's deadly stinger, making sure it would never be able to deliver its poison to anyone else.
    [​IMG]

It wasn't long until we were able to finish off this demon of the desert. Though this story ends with no one dying, it still brings a tear to my eye. No matter how hard I punched, kicked, and beat the Sh*t out of those skeletons, they didn't let slip any of those relics from their cold dead fingers. :(

DarkStarr, Berek, Duke Avery and 5 others like this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks everyone for submitting your entries! This contest is now closed. We will announce winners shortly.

3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

And the winners are in! While every entry was unique in its own way (which made it really tough to decide here), we have come to three winners.

Congrats to the following players/groups!

#1 - @Nataurz: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-avatar-screenshot-contest.78867/#post-758496

Reference screenshot (see above link for more from their entry):
    [​IMG]

Runner-up entry (same group in #1): https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-avatar-screenshot-contest.78867/#post-758500

#2 - @sam101688: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-avatar-screenshot-contest.78867/#post-754525

[​IMG]

#3 - @Balec Fares deCani: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-avatar-screenshot-contest.78867/#post-752536

[​IMG]

Please allow us a few days to award your prize, which will go to the player who submitted the screenshots. If your group previously agreed to sharing the winnings, they will be responsible for dividing it out in a group agreed upon manner.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Congrats everyone!

Oziel Bahroud and Duke Avery like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I loved seeing everyone's submissions!

Alexander, Nataurz, Peabo and 7 others like this.
  7. Nicodemus01

Nicodemus01 Avatar

Congratulations to the winner!

Nataurz likes this.
  8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

sam101688 and Oziel Bahroud like this.
  9. Nicodemus01

Nicodemus01 Avatar

@Bubonic There how's that? This is the first sig I've ever created so my apologies. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Bubonic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.