[Submission Thread] - Royal Gardeners Wanted!

Discussion in 'Portalarium Events & Calendar' started by Cerus, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

Hello Everyone:D

I am Sooo pleased to present the Jade Dragons Entry for the Royal Garden.

The Kings Royal Garden must be a Grand place full of wonder and adventure.

As you wander this Garden you will find 2 very different halves.

On the East side you will find well manicured Hedges leading to many wandering paths through dense Flowers, Plants and Tree. Explore all the paths and there hidden treasures.

On the West side you will find a more open park like setting. A large outdoor dining table, smaller picnic table and picnics sitting on the ground. A large tent with a Buffet for hosting as many friends as the King likes. Theirs also a Royal petting zoo.

In the back center is the main courtyard. Nestled between the loving hands of nature you'll find a courtyard large enough for the grandest of party's. With a DJ both and private room Green houses. Theirs even Fire pits for warmth.

Also be sure to watch for Notes hidden around.

Pictures can not show all the things in this garden.

So we made a video (That still doesn't show it all):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This Garden is located in the Jade Valley (LOC: -20.4,38.0,_397.6)
    When you arrive in the Jade Valley on the Stone Bridge.
    Turn around and take the teleport road sign at the end of the bridge. To Town Boundary 3
    Follow the green lights to the garden.

Our Group members were:

Mal Hari Leader (Forums @Mal Hari )
    Lily Byrd (Forums @J a i b y r d )
    Calan Caitin (Forums @Calan Caitin )
    Elnoth (Forums @Elnoth )
    Rinaldi (Forums @Rinaldi )

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Sonja, mollyjaal, Jaesun and 25 others like this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

thx - now they work for me too :D

3. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Royal Event Garden at Forgewright

When the call went out that Lord British was seeking a venue for his grand birthday celebration, the artisans of Forgewright went to work and selected a site near some old ruins. The Royal Event Gardens at Forgewright hosts a rose garden, large event stage, dance floor, and shaded rest area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location of Forgewright and the Royal Garden:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Team: Oakenhammer and Seren

Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 24 others like this.
  4. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

The Royal Gardens of Astrum.

Enclosed by tall hedges and different kinds of trees the gardens mainly contain roses and a small gazebo to relax from a hard days work.
    Enjoy a hot cup of tea, read a nice book and relish the silence of nature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 21 others like this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Serenity Isle, Sequanna Circle
    Team Leader: Fionwyn Wyldemane
    Members: Robros Reh
    Pax et Amor: Maedhros, Sean Silverfoot, Vladamir Begemot, Viola Vidason, Engel Etcetera

A Different Way to Build

On Serenity Isle, we endeavor to live in harmony with nature and design living spaces that celebrate the beauty of the wilderness. Tree removal is kept at a minimum and the town layout is one that aspires to impart a sense of tranquility that is one with nature.

The guiding principles we strive to live by are love and compassion. At the main gate is the "Sequanna Circle Garden". Sequanna faces the east in order to inspire us to greet each dawn with hope. There is an Arbor of Tranquility where pilgrims can offer flowers to Sequanna, niches that celebrate erotic love, as well as other nooks and crannies to explore. The design of Sequanna Circle was meant to blend in with the natural surroundings as much as possible. This aesthetic carried over to all parts of the parts of the island.

PS. Can you find the secret garden of fountains?

Let the big colorful fountain be your guide.

Sequanna Circle
    [​IMG]

Contemplating Eros

[​IMG]

Places to wander:

[​IMG]

Location - East of Brittany, East of PaxLair
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 22 others like this.
  6. Ajumma

Ajumma Avatar

[​IMG]Grumbridge town PRT Metropolis
    Team leader: Ajumma Kim
    Members: Boris Mondragon, Dr Wiz and Shimizu with her awesome technical skills at rock manipulation who shared the trade secret with me, amongst many other things.

Grumbridge is host to the welcome center lead by Dr Wiz. Little did we know our reputation extended to the Duck community! Ducks I hear you say!? Indeed...

So it all started as we wanted Lord British to have a birthday pool party, with snowballs, how much more fun do you need! We spend long hours, nay days, crafting this pool with lots of testing by Boris, there is a man with a passion for tubs... On our last day of building we filled the pool and went home for a well earned rest. Only to wake up to loud quacking, it was so loud the neighbors had called the UWDPS (Unloved Wooden Duck Preservation Society). You do NOT want to get on the wrong side of the UWDPS, passionate PvP folks. Apparently the UWD (Unloved Wooden Duck) is a rare and endangered species much like the lesser spotted woodpecker. I was told that the UWDPS was hence forth taking over the garden as a Duck Sanctuary until the Ducks of their own will and without harassment left of their own accord.

Sorry Lord British no pool party for you, the Ducks got there first and the UWDPS is too scary!

PS: Garden best seen at night

PSS: Ducks bite during the day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 19 others like this.
  7. Hunter Wolfbane

Hunter Wolfbane Avatar

Welcome to the BTR. Gardens on the sunny Island of Tempest Reef in the Bay of Storms North East of Aries click the street sign to Side Dock 1. We have a great gazebo to sit under and relax while you read a book or chat with friends. We have a dance floor fit for a Lord. The music can be heard all over the garden with a nice smooth dance floor for all your dance moves!
    Team Members: Hunter Wolf, Copen Atamin, Cyrus Wrath, and Two Socks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 19 others like this.
  8. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I have traveled around to look at some of the Gardens all of these clever folks have created.
    I have been amazed to see some lovely ideas.
    Congratulations to everyone for sharing their hard work, creativity & beautiful gardens to brighten up New Britannia.

I must say that the screenshots don't do this particular garden justice!
    It is truly stunning to walk around it & see it in person.

When the Decree by Lord British was announced for the appointment of the Royal Gardener, I was thinking that "he who had the most money would win" & that typical players, without deep pockets, wouldn't stand a chance.

I was proved wrong with this garden.
    I was so impressed that the garden was comprised of mostly by player-crafted components & ingenuity.

The "Lord British Hanging Rose Garden" really is magnificent to behold in its creativeness and grandeur.
    Well done & Good Luck to the creators!

9. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

Happiest Birthday Wishes to our Lord British!

Lord British Royal Garden

Near the capitol city of New Britannia rests the community of Ordinis Mortis. We have joined together to celebrate the anniversary of the birth, beyond the rift, of our Sovereign, Lord British. This garden is not for any King, only ours.

A team was brought together to design a garden that could serve not only to celebrate but also reflect on the man, himself. Weaved throughout the garden are symbols of who he is as a person. You can see the Explorer, the Gamer (including his past with Dungeons and Dragons), the Magician and even subtle references to his family and friends. You cannot miss the virtues that he champions being extolled as you find repose. The fact that Lord British is a complicated man is highlighted by a maze that encompasses the entire garden. Within the Maze you can find contributions from the community, which stays true to the symbolism and also serves as small Easter eggs.

This was a true collaboration and work of love.

The overall concept was developed by @Minerva . @Griffler and @Ajumma kim designed the maze and Runic text.
    Shimizu (@kaeshiva ) lead the interior garden with @Griffler , @rambo , @Ajumma kim, Crystal Stardust, @Athanil and @Minerva working together to make it happen. Crafting was done by the interior team and supported by @WindSilvermoon , @Drake Aedus and @Hildegarde Neidwyicke. Major Funding by @Scoffer Kada and @Ameresta Trilon There were a number of items donated, or loaned as well as money and materials from a long list of friends, thank you all. A Special Thanks to Shimizu (@kaeshiva ) for the Video addition

Happy Birthday Lord British from Ordinis Mortis and the Orders Guilds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Find Ordinis Mortis just across the bridge in Grunvald, just south of Brittany.

LOC in Town is 307.7, 52.0, -80.2

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 28 others like this.
  10. Jonah Hayes

Jonah Hayes Avatar

[​IMG]

I hereby graciously invite our beloved Lord British to celebrate his birthday in Granite Gardens.

For this momentous occasion I have erected a garden suitable for a large feast. Although, as a stonemason, I am inclined to work with stone, I must admit it was a pleasant experience to add greenery to the mix and make Granite Gardens truly live up to its name.

The spot which I have chosen for this garden overlooks the calm waters of our mountain lake. The rolling hills and mountains with its gorgeous green vegetation act as a perfect backdrop to the garden.

The garden has several key features. In the middle a dance floor with DJ podium has been erected as the central place for the party. Above there is a special area for Lord British himself to oversee it all. Of course he is just as welcome on the dancefloor itself! At the front it has a stone build contemplation area, where you can retreat from the festivities to renew your energy. There is a carpetted lounge area where one can enjoy the music without having to dance. On the other side there is also an area for the wall-flowers for whom dancing does not come as easily or who rather watch than participate. Two large flower plant arrangements adorn the sides of the garden. Surrounded by the beauty of the valley it truly feels close to nature.

To reach the celebratory area you only need to follow the green lampposts from the cart square. Once you start crossing the bridge (which has been erected for this very purpose), your eyes will make out more and more details of the garden. I hope it will please all visitors and add an extra layer of joy to Lord British's birthday!

Builder: Jonah Hayes

The screenshots (I hope they do justice to the work):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 21 others like this.
  11. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Carpe Noctem Presents

Nocte Hortus, Royal Garden

Insulam de Nocte was once an island which was lost. With some guidance from the moon, some luck, and some hard work, it was found again. In this place, the guild, Carpe Noctem has settled and made it our home. We do hope you enjoy your visit. May the moon light your path.

Leader: Applerust
    Gardeners: Tila Tenderfoot, Datendrache,
    and Applerust
    Helpers: Asti and Valacor
    Host and Helper: Drilikath2015​

Located near Elad's Lighthouse.
    On the Novia overworld map, from Brittany, head east to (237.2, 11.8, 106.0)
    To the boat that goes to Spindrift Island.
    After crossing the water, zone into Insulam de Nocte. Once you zone in,
    (Follow the lamp posts)head south, south west to
    (-270.6, 74.4, 246.1) which will bring you to the castle lot where
    Nocte Hortus is located.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 35 others like this.
  12. Robros Reh

Robros Reh Avatar

Phileo Garden and Theatre Complex
    Located at Side Dock 2 Serenity Isle
    Team Leader: Robros Reh
    Members: Venatrix Lacus

The beautiful Phileo Gardens are located in the pristine nature preserve of Serenity Isle. The gardens are the entrance to the Phileo Theatre, a picturesque moon garden and private recital area, all surrounding a wonderful Shogun Bungalow Refreshment Center. The entrance to the Discoteque Club Eros is also located in the garden.

This Entertainment Complex is ideal for that large or small special event.

The Phileo Theatre and Gardens at night

[​IMG]

The Garden and Refreshment Center

[​IMG]

Phileo Theatre

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 20 others like this.
  13. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

The secret gardens of New Heaven
    Team Leader: Dhanas Moonwhisper
    Members: Antrax's Army members

The perfect place where to host a birthday party, with the magic atmosphere of the elven lights and a big dancefloor.

The secret gardens are located in New Heaven, entering from the dock follow the path to the left of the oracle, behind the residential zone.

Entering the gardens
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 20 others like this.
  14. Lightiger8

Lightiger8 Avatar

The Garden of Light

East of Brittany via a covered wagon in Paxlair, nestled in the town of Caelestis Canton. Take a left at the docks and a left at the bridge go up the hill to Amor Ridge. Next to Casa Del Amor, You can find The Garden of Light. It is said that when two souls meet at lover’s lookout, and their union is to be. That they will eventually find themselves in The Garden of Light.

Garden of Light
    Now the garden you see with your eyes, is not the one were you meet, It’s a place were you go, sometimes when you sleep.

In this case it is different, as intertwined souls surely know. When they become united, no sleep is needed to go.

No jealousy, nor fear will come nowhere near, the flames that burn bright. The light that brings you to tears.

If you haven’t been there, then I hope one day that you do, for I truly believe once balanced you will too.
    -Lightiger Hernandez

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Sonja, Lily Byrd, Jaesun and 22 others like this.
  15. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

I am astonished and overwhelemd by all those mind blowing creations!
    Can't wait to visit them all!

Jaesun, Barugon, Applerust and 14 others like this.
  16. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer Moderator SOTA Developer

AMAZING!!! Too many to decide!!!

Jaesun, Barugon, NANOC and 10 others like this.
  17. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

This is incredible work. I'm going to spend a day as a tourist visiting all or most of these Gardens over the coming weekend. You're all winners.

18. Harry Underworld

Harry Underworld Avatar

When will the visits start?

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  19. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

OUCH!!!! This is HARD!!!

Jaesun, Barugon, hegpetz and 19 others like this.
  20. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer Moderator SOTA Developer

The visits are happening now. Unfortunately we have had to do our visits in ghost mode to save time. I know many of you wanted to provide personal tours but that was just not feasible given the amount of time we have available during release week.

Going forward we will have our community folks time these better so they don't happen right on top of a release week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.