Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Submitted 67918] using mount on overworld does not mount, only shows vfx

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Alley Oop, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10/16/2020 15:23
    Title: using mount on overworld does not mount, only shows vfx
    Reproduction Rate: 1/3 i have tried
    Blocker? no
    Details: i tried mounting a dun horse and nothing happened. i tried mounting a ghost horse and i thought nothing happened, but then i noticed a few wisps of fog near me. so i tried mounting a nightmare, and now i can see where the horse would be if i'd actually mounted it.

[​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4) System RAM: 24000
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 6144
    SotA.QA.Linux.64.1084.Date.10.15.20
    Area: OverworldIsland
    Area Display Name: Hidden Vale
    Loc: (283.0, -5.7, 262.6)
    Debug: T3ZlcndvcmxkSXNsYW5kfHwoMjgyLjk2NiwgLTUuNzAxLCAyNjIuNjM4KXwoMCwgLTAuNzMxLCAwLCAwLjY4Mil8LTE4My4wMzk4fDE5LjMzNDgzfDIw

2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Q: Were you mounted when leaving the previous scene?

Additional condition: Had you used a mount at all prior to entering Novia?

I found that if the first time I sue a mount (any mount) on Novia, it works. After that the mounts act as described. (no action apart from the cooldown on mundane mounts, and vfx only on magical mounts)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  3. Ravalox

Steps to re-produce:

1. Load game
    2. Go to Novia
    3. Use any mount (works as expected)
    4. Dismount (ESC)
    5. Mount again

When mounting the second time:

A. Mundane mount (non VFX) - Nothing appears, Cooldown does display
    B Magical Mount (VFX) - Horse does not appear, VFX appears, cool down displays

After this scenario A and B occur every time going forward. If player enters another scene horses work as expected, however loading Novia again after being in another scene does NOT clear the issue.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Ravalox

After nine days, I let the horse run free, 'Cause the desert had turned to sea ... Issue# 67918 created.

5. Alley Oop

nope, no horse. loaded into ardoris, did not mount, walked out to novia, mounted. i did see the bit of height shrinkage that presages mounting. maybe linux?

6. Ravalox

Hmm, ok. Let's see what happens after the issue's been worked with the reproduction steps. May be a different symptom set that will be fixed by the same changes.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This issue is still present in build 1085.

Sequence: Have a Black Horse on Hotbar. Completely remove all items off Character. Go to Novian overworld near Desolis. Completely exit game. Load game log in. Click Start On World Map.
    Click on hotbar summon black horse. Horse appears. Run around a bit. Press ESC dismount. Enter Desolis. Exit Desolis through walking to scene exit. On Overland click on hotbar summon black horse. No horse appears. Icon I have summoned a horse appears however. I have the fast movement speed:

[​IMG]

10/19/2020 21:52
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1085.Date.10.19.20
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-420.1, 102.0, -100.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTQyMC4wNzUsIDEwMi4wMTIsIC05OS45NzMpfCgwLCAwLjQxNiwgMCwgMC45MDkpfDExNS41MjkxfDE5LjUxNjU0fDguMDkwMzc2

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  8. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Ravalox This *seems* like it might be related to how you mount the horse. If I 2x click the horse in the inventory, I mount. If I right-click the horse in the inventory, then my character height shudders a bit as @Alley Oop mentioned. If I drop the horse into a hot bar and use that, my height shuddered and I ended up standing on the ground, but I am moving at mounted speed and see "ghost horse" wisps of fog in my area.

9. Alley Oop

@Ravalox had mentioned that it depends on whether he'd mounted in that scene before. which works for you might be a matter of which you tried first. i have not seen a mount on the overworld no matter which method i try, with or without resetting the client.

10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

On QA 1088, this issue is resolved for me except in one specific circumstance:

I was able to reproduce this bug relatively consistently (reproducing is somewhat inconsistent because the appearance of the bug seems to depend on the timing of when the mount glyph is activated). Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open game and Load into overworld
    2. Activate a mount on the overworld (using glyph on non-combat bat)
    3. Dismiss the mount by pressing the escape key.
    4. During the dismount process, click a mount icon as soon as it becomes "active" (when it turns from greyed-out to normal brightness). This seems to work more consistently when you click the icon once as soon as it becomes active, although clicking the icon multiple times (back to back) can sometimes generate the bug also. Also, if you are one second too late, then the issue does not seem to occur. Clicking must be immediately when the icon becomes active.
    5. If you clicked at the critical time, then the mount does not appear, but the mount buff icon appears under the avatar name, and if the mount has effects (such as nightmare flames) the effects appear without the mount.
    6. You can then press escape again to dismiss the mount icon (although it takes about 4 seconds for the icon to go away). Then, you can use a mount again and it works normally (see * below).
    This bug seems to depend on timing of when you click the mount icon during the dismount process (it has to be clicked as soon as it becomes active). If you get the timing just right, then the bug will happen. If you click the mount icon too long after it becomes active, then the bug does not happen.

Also, during the dismount process, if you start rapidly clicking on the mount icon (back to back clicks) when it is greyed out, and keep clicking rapidly until the glyph activates, one of 3 things will happen:
    .....a) The bug will occur: no visible mount, but mount-buff icon appears (and special visual effects such as flames on nightmare will also appear).
    .....b) The mount will work normally (the avatar mounts a visible horse and mount-buff icon appears).
    .....c) the avatar will not mount (the avatar remains on foot, no mount appears, no mount buff-icon appears) - it looks as if the first click on the active icon starts the mount process and a rapid subsequent click cancels the mount.
    I think these three outcomes occur depending on the time interval between when the mount icon becomes active (i.e. when it un-greys) and when the next click activates the mount icon. A very short interval (almost immediate) tends to generate the bug. A longer interval tends to allow the mount process to occur. Within this time period, 2 rapid back-to-back clicks often results in the initiation of the mount, then cancels it.

Note: turning on/off or changing any of the options > video settings made no difference (e.g. cloth simulation, load time baking, gpu occlusion, etc).

* Also, sometimes when i create this bug several times back to back, then the bug persists for several minutes (the mount does not appear not matter when I try to summon it). I am not sure why this more persistent issue occurs, it happened times, but i could not reliably reproduce it.

10/26/2020 09:16
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32708
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1088.Date.10.25.20
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (423.5, 16.6, -60.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCg0MjMuNDkyLCAxNi41OTMsIC02MC42MDUpfCgwLCAwLjQxOSwgMCwgMC45MDgpfC03Mjg3LjM1N3wyMS4wMDg2NXw0MA==

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I am still unable to have a horse show on the overland in build 1088. Not sure of the sequence yet to reproduce (if needed).

[​IMG]

10/26/2020 09:00
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1088.Date.10.25.20
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-199.0, 13.2, -58.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMTk4Ljk4NCwgMTMuMTY2LCAtNTguNjA4KXwoMCwgLTAuODY1LCAwLCAwLjUwMil8OTUuNTkxNTZ8MjQuMDMzMDd8MjA=

12. Alley Oop

in 1088, started game and loaded directly to overworld, activated a mount, no horse. no other steps needed, for me.

13. Alley Oop

this is fixed for me in 1093

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.