1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 67965] Nightmare went missing after zoning

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Albertakis, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Albertakis

Albertakis Avatar

10/22/2020 19:17

Title: Vanish from Backpack
    Reproduccion rate: yes
    Bloker?:NO
    Details: Area: Crag Foothills, I keep my Nightmare (called TAX) Taming necklace in my Nackpack, equip a new Taming Necklace and I dome a wolf, it was killed, I want to abandone the zone and passed 3 minutes Y try to change the taming Neclace, now empy, for my Taming Necklace Nighmare (Tax) and it vanises from my backpack.
    Steps to reproduce: I disconecct and connect ahain, nothing my nightmare is missing (where?)
    User Spects: Albertakis Ironhand

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Albertakis, if the nightmare was killed, you had five minutes during which you could cast pet resurrection and bring it back IF you stayed in the same zone. since you left, the timer was set to zero and your nightmare was lost.

3. Albertakis

Albertakis Avatar

Sorry, perhaps I didmt explain well the case. I DONT USE MY NIGHTMARE IN Crag Foothills. The Nightmare was in my bag, I used a clean necklace to tame a wolf, I tamed it, then it was killed, I wait 3 minutes to "clean" the nacklace and then when I try to equip the Nighmare it was vanisesh from my bag. That´s the reason to report the case. The Nightmare Necklace eas no longer in my backpack.

4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

A few questions for you:

1) Was the taming necklace locked to your inventory? It sounds like it was not since you say it was in a backpack. I strongly recommend any pet you don't want to keep that you lock the necklace to your inventory to make sure you don't accidentally tame over.

2) Do you have multiple decks that you sometimes switch between and do you have equipment attached to those decks? Again trying to figure out if you may have accidentally tamed the wolf over your nightmare since pretty much all tamers do that kind of thing occasionally. If you switched to a deck with the nightmare then switched back to taming deck that did not have a necklace you may have had the nightmare necklace on and not noticed.

3) Are either of the taming necklaces in your inventory currently green even when not locked? There is currently a bug where necklaces with pets that died and were not resurrected the necklace becomes untradeable (unless it has been recently fixed). If you knew which necklace was the one that had the nightmare and it was now green that is another suggestion it is the one that had the pet die, or at least that is what the game thinks happened and why the nightmare disappeared. For this reason and others I recommend you never let your pets time out, that your ressurrect them even if you are planning to tame over them.

If you still think you lost the nightmare due to a bug and can't yet tame your own please let me know what your in game name is either here or by messaging Gwendolyn Obscuro in game or in the forums and I will send you a replacement pet. Either way please respond to the questions- sometimes people lose their pets and it can be really hard to tell what was a bug or not since it does not happen consistently. Thanks!

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Albertakis

Albertakis Avatar

Well, I dont lock any pet in the backpack, due I named the Pet, no chamce to tame over it.
    No, I
    Yes, I have sometimes 2 "clean" necklaces. As I said before, I dont use the Nightmare necklace, it wa into the backpack, can not die bevause I dont used it.
    only use one deck

As i report, I think there is a bug with this case, anyway, I can buy another pet without problema, my intention is jusrt report a bug to improve this game, if all the players reports the busgs the game becomes more stable.

Any way many thanx for your attentio, my PJ in the game is ALBERTAKIS IRONHAND

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  6. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Thank you for reporting this and please continue to report future bugs. My intent is not to say this was not a bug just to collect as much information as possible since taming bugs are especially hard to track down and there are many ways new players can lose pets just because they don't know some of the nuances of the system.

I am still unclear on a couple things. Did you have the backpack that contained the nightmare necklace in your inventory or was it in the bank or placed in a house? If it was in your inventory it is possible to tame over the pet even if it is named so I still recommend locking important pets to the inventory (even if that is not what happened here, I've tamed over pets before without meaning to). If it was in the house it is the second time someone has reported losing a pet that was in a container in a house.

I'll send you a new nightmare- replacing pets lost due to bugs is just something I try to do to help out players who can't tame new ones themselves yet.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Greetings!

I have looked into your issue and found the logs from the 22nd show that the Nightmare whistle was moved from one container to another. I noted that you received another in the mail today and have that equipped. I do see that you have 4 taming whistles in your inventory that are now actually hidden from view ... This appears to be what happened to the Nightmare on the 22nd.

I am opening an issue for this as I can see the items still in your inventory. In future, please report missing items through customer service at support@portalarium.com to ensure a timely response.

Issue# 67965 created.

Anpu likes this.