1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68145] Pet dismissed, fall from sky when leaving encounter scene

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Ysold, Oct 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

1. Title: Losing pet and landing strangely on world map when doing frequent zoning
    2. Reproducible? yes. I'm mining for gold ore in encounter areas, so I switch zones frequently. When exiting the first encounter area, all seems normal. But when I exit the second, I lose my pet and when I land on the world my I seem to fall for quite a distance. The same happened with the next encounter. Relogging the character helped at first, but when I exited my second encounter the same happened again.
    3. Blocker? very annoying!
    4. Details: I have been doing the same routine the previous days too, and had no troubles then. When I hop in and out of encounters without a pet, I land on the world map normally. More details: I'm doing Plains encounters near Ardoris.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: see above!

Edit: changed "fall or slide" into "fall" after it happened another 2 times.
    Second edit: added details

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I have been trying to replicate this but have not succeeded yet. I have replicated a similar bug that involves falling from the sky exiting nearby west perennial trail (see here ) but I did not lose my pet any of the times I fell.

I have a few questions to try to help me replicate this:
    1) What type of pet(s) did you lose? I'd like to try with the same critter.
    2) Do you remember exactly which versions of plains encounters this happened? (boars, stags, skeletons, wolves)
    3) Are you sure the pet did not die before you left the scene? I assume you are since it happened multiple times, but I have to ask- too many people get confused and don't realize they have a limited opportunity to rez a pet.
    4) I am assuming when you say you lost the pet you mean the pet disappeared from the necklace but you still have the necklace. Is the necklace now green? (a current bug that makes them not tradeable) If you mean the whole necklace disappeared please clarify this because there have also been some reports of that recently.
    5) Did you trigger the main boss before leaving the scene or just do your harvesting and leave? I don't think this one matters but I want to try to do exactly what you did.

Lastly if the pets you lost were ones you can not tame yourself let me know your in game name and what pet and I will send you a replacement pet. I try to do this for pets lost due to bugs but sorry only 1 pet per person for now. (If the green necklace bug gets fixed I could probably tame pets onto those existing necklaces)

Anpu likes this.
  3. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Let me explain first what I mean by "lose my pet", because I see now I see that phrase the wrong way. I meant to say my pet got dismissed. I still have it and still can summon it (when the summon timer runs out).

Also some new information: today when I exited an encounter instance without my pet I also made the fall to the earth. So you might try to replicated this also without a pet.

Grand old boar

Stags, wolves as far as I remember.

Pet didn't die and wasn't fighting when we exited

Sorry, see my explanation above. The pet wasn't lost, only dismissed.

Unicorns usually spawn right after I enter an encounter. So yes, there have been occurrences where the main boss had spawned. But my pet wasn't fighting any boss or normal mob when I exited.

Sorry for the confusion about "losing the pet"!

Ysold.

Gwendolyn Obscuro and Anpu like this.
  4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

10/31/2020 12:46
    Title: [Verified] Pet dismissed, fall from sky when leaving encounter scene @ (237.064, 13.374, -344.5)
    Reproduction Rate: Once so far
    Blocker? No
    Details: When leaving this random encounter (Area: Plains Encounter (RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Unicorn) Loc: (32.116, 35.619, 9.772)) - my Grand Old Boar pet was dismissed and did not come to the overworld map with me, and when I re-appeared on the Overworld, I fell from the sky. Pet is still in my inventory. See video here
    Steps to Reproduce:
    - Enter this encounter: (RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Unicorn) Loc: (32.116, 35.619, 9.772) from Overworld location @ (237.064, 13.374, -344.5)
    - Summon a Grand Old Boar pet
    - Mine 2 gold ore nodes, and a garlic node:
    • [10/31/2020 12:43:03 PM] Entering Plains Encounter from Novia
    • [10/31/2020 12:43:20 PM] You sense a great threat approaching....
    • [10/31/2020 12:43:29 PM] Echondas utters the phrase Zeph-Motus.
    • [10/31/2020 12:43:45 PM] You harvested an item (Gold Ore).
    • [10/31/2020 12:43:45 PM] You harvested an item (Gold Ore).
    • [10/31/2020 12:43:57 PM] You harvested an item (Garlic x4).
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:02 PM] Echondas utters the phrase Zeph-Motus.
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:32 PM] You harvested an item (Raw Cotton).
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:36 PM] Echondas utters the phrase Zeph-Motus.
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:50 PM] You harvested an item (Gold Ore x2).
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:50 PM] You harvested an item (Gold Ore).
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:50 PM] You are not ready to use this yet.
    • [10/31/2020 12:44:57 PM] Entering Novia from Plains Encounter
    - Leave the encounter via the map edge

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1300.Date.10.29.20
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (237.1, 13.4, -344.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgyMzcuMDY0LCAxMy4zNzQsIC0zNDQuNSl8KDAuMDAyLCAtMC44NDYsIC0wLjAwOCwgLTAuNTMzKXwxMzguODQxNnwzMS44NDA4MXw0MA==

Update: repro'd again from Area: Plains Encounter (RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Dragon) Loc: (26.494, 32.562, -13.543) DBG: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAyfFN0YWdfRHJhZ29ufCgyNi40OTQsIDMyLjU2MiwgLTEzLjU0Myl8KDAsIDAuODQzLCAwLCAwLjUzOCl8MTIxLjc0OTV8MzEuMjQ1NTZ8NC44NTA0MDk=

See 2nd video here

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  6. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68145