1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68654] Levelling Moon Beams and Root are not consuming pooled XP at the expected speed

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Ulric Etofenprox, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Ulric Etofenprox

Ulric Etofenprox Avatar

1 Moon Beams and Root are not working on targets consistently.
    2. Yes, over 95% of the time the spells do not draw xp from the pool.
    3. n/a
    4. Both spells are not drawing xp and succeeding well over 95% of the time. It has been inconsistent as well. For example, I received 2 gains with moon beams in necropolis barrens targeting ghosts. Repeated just after and no gains now for days. Root same pattern, gains this morning, and zero all day. Had 16 mill xp in the pool, both spells are set to gain. This is regardless of target, or time of day in SOTA.
    5. It seems that friends with lower moon beams and root have success. Both of mine are in the 70-80% range. Take my character out for a spin and see for yourself--I don't know how to describe it any better.

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Confirmed - both my skills are at ~ 40 and were often not consuming pooled XP and when they did, it seemed to only consume a tiny amount even with a very large XP pool.

At this level I expect both to be increasing much faster and consuming much more XP when used.

I tested in Greymark Forest against some boars and Elves.

I tested on a practice dummy, and moon beams @ level 42 consumed 81 XP from my pool of 48 million xp. Root @ level 42 consumed 161 XP.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  3. Ulric Etofenprox

Ulric Etofenprox Avatar

Just want to add that their seems to an inverse correlation on spell success as the skill level rises. Was with friends in Soltown raising moon beams easily on a target. I did the same 20-30 times and no spell success, no increase in level whatsoever. It was easier to gain previ0usly. I had not tried these spells in some time.

4. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68654

5. Ulric Etofenprox

Ulric Etofenprox Avatar

Root appears to be fixed. Gains and success on casting worked in Solace Bridge Outskirts and Cabalist Siege (Aerie).

No change on Moon Beams--still not succeeding and drawing from pool as it should.