1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68677] LOD Slider can hide POT Ovrwrld Boats & LOD slider saves when changing quality lvl

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by vulcanjedi, Jan 29, 2021.

1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

All of the little boats to enter POT's that are islands are missing. On Novia and Mistrendur.
    The ferry's to the island overland are still there.
    Example the POTS between the mainland and Spindrift Island.

Can't get into some pots without a port. And nowhere to enter a siege.
    EDIT
    Found the spots where the boats are and was able to E or double click.
    Checked my video settings
    Toggling GPU occlusion didn't help either way.
    But my Level of Detail setting has been all the way down forever and when I move it up about 1/4 of the way the boats come into view.

Running RX580

Not a blocker it was just an unexpected change since the latest patch.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Gravidy likes this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

01/29/2021 18:01
    Title: LOD Slider can hide POT Overworld Boats & LOD slider saves when changing quality levels
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: It seems the LOD slider position is Saved when Quality level is changed. The slider doesn't adjust position when switching Quality levels, so it could be set to lowest but appear to be set to highest..or vice versa. Thanks to @vulcanjedi for noticing the missing POT boats.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to the Overworld where POT boats should be. Set video to 'fastest' - if you have never set your LOD level before on fastest, it seems to default to lowest setting..if you see boats, set it to lowest. Boats should vanish. Now raise the LOD level higher. boats should appear. Switch to another Quality level, and see if the boats appear.. if not, raise LOD level. Now set your LOD to lowest, and the boats will disappear. Now go back to Fastest, and even though the LOD detail was(is) set to lowest, the boats will appear.. since the last time you were on Fastest your LOD was higher and was 'saved', although the position of the slider remains unchanged.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1340.Date.01.29.21
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (190.0, 11.7, 92.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxOTAuMDM2LCAxMS43MzUsIDkyLjQ0Nil8KDAsIC0wLjUxNSwgMCwgMC44NTcpfDEwMTguMjE0fDUwLjA2MDQ1fDQw

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Gravidy and vulcanjedi like this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verifying this. See my repro steps for more details of the bug and how the LOD slider is saved when changing quality levels, but slider position doesn't move when switching quality levels.

vulcanjedi likes this.
  4. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

This came up on the stream today, so I thought I'd post what info I have on this issue. Note that my cursor isn't visible in my screenshot, but it is visible in the game. I'm hovering over where the boat would be, and that's why there's a "tooltip" for "Beran's Reach."

[​IMG]

01/29/2021 15:24
    Title: Island POTs missing boats on Overworld
    Reproduction Rate: Since R86, consistent
    Blocker? No
    Details:

The small boats on the Overworld meant to take you to Island POTs are invisible.

Interestingly, if I go into first-person on the Overworld, I do see the boats.

Also, if I move the camera around, very infrequently, I get an angle that will show one or more boats.

Steps to Reproduce:

I updated to R86, and the problem began.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16323
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1340.Date.01.29.21
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (129.4, 12.3, 148.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxMjkuNDIzLCAxMi4yODYsIDE0OC41ODMpfCgwLCAtMC43NzksIDAsIC0wLjYyNyl8MTI4LjgzMzF8MzkuMTc0NDd8MjA=

Echondas likes this.
  5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Same issue in Mistrendur as Novia.

Echondas likes this.
  6. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68677