1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 68710] Ice Elemental Summon does not attack

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Violet Ronso, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

02/03/2021 10:51
    Title: Ice Elemental Summon does not attack
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: When commanding the Ice Elemental, if he is out of range to attack a Target (Practice Dummy), he smashes the ground, shooting ice particles a bit everywhere, but does not deal damage at all, nor does it show anything in my chat logs. He will not move up to the target.
    Steps to Reproduce: Summon Ice Elemental, command it to attack a target, watch chat logs/damage numbers
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16312
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.1344.Date.02.02.21
    Area: BasementSceneMedievalRow_1Floor
    Area Display Name: Row Stone & Timber 1-Story Basement
    Loc: (38.4, 3.3, 107.2)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZU1lZGlldmFsUm93XzFGbG9vcnx8KDM4LjM2MiwgMy4zMDEsIDEwNy4xNjQpfCgwLCAtMC41LCAwLCAwLjg2Nil8MzM5Ljk5OTZ8NTAuMTgyMjJ8My4wNTY0MzU=

Garfunkel Humperdinck likes this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I wasn't able to reproduce this.. but then I changed the ice elemental to 'follow far' and then I was able to reproduce this..I got it to attack the target again once, and telling it to 'stop attacking' would stop it.. but then it would sort of flick and go back to attacking.. I dismissed it and re-summoned.. and now I can't get the ice elemental to attack the archer target in Soltown again.. I tried setting it to follow close and near.. that didn't help.. I tried re-summoning it and that didn't help either. The earth elemental isn't doing this.. so it does seem like something specific to the ice elemental.

Weird.

Violet Ronso likes this.
  3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68710

4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

12/19/2021 15:41
    Title: Ice elemental combat
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Ice elemental summoned pet doesn't move once it starts fighting. So when the target moves, it just stands there hitting air. Not very effective!
    Steps to Reproduce: Let ice elemental attack a target, then take over aggro by attacking it from a (little) distance and make the target move towards you. See the ice elemental doesn't move towards the target.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300HF CPU @ 2.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16304
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1497.Date.12.17.21
    Area: Novia_R9_Hills01_SerpentsSpineMinesEntrance
    Area Display Name: Serpent's Spine Foothills
    Loc: (151.3, 52.2, -2.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfSGlsbHMwMV9TZXJwZW50c1NwaW5lTWluZXNFbnRyYW5jZXx8KDE1MS4zMDYsIDUyLjIwOSwgLTIuMDIxKXwoMCwgMC42MDMsIDAsIC0wLjc5OCl8LTExNTguNjc1fDEwfDEuMjU=

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I can't reproduce this. Perhaps your ice elemental was rooted or something? What mob were you fighting? Merging this into another similar thread.

Also - as for my repro steps from the older thread, I can't reproduce that now.. the ice elemental won't stop attacking.. it stops briefly and then starts up again. (against the practice target in Soltown)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Will be fix this release

7. Garfunkel Humperdinck

Garfunkel Humperdinck Bug Hunter

Still not working as of 1550. Ice Elemental only closes to within attack range about 50% of the time.

In the example below he stood out of range for about two minutes doing zero damage to the outlaw:
    [​IMG]

The outlaw moved causing the Ice Elemental to move, yet again he stopped short and continued to punch the ground harmlessly:
    [​IMG]

The outlaw even healed during this fight between the two.

Edit: Set to 'Far' and 'Aggressive' by the way...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

fix needs testing again with 1555

9. Mikal Raine

Mikal Raine Bug Hunter

Tested in Offline Mode and the Ice Elemental attacked as it should. Set to Near, Close and Far Follow, Stop Attacking and recovery after it was knocked back or the mob moved all worked correctly.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.