1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 68839 & 68840] Unable to to replace new spawning dragons

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by StarLife, Mar 12, 2021.

1. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

03/13/2021 15:44
    Title: Unable to to replace new spawning dragons
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    This issue has NOT been resolved => https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-unable-to-place-new-circling-dragons.167634/

Nor is this issue the same as the one referred to in Chris's tweet here => https://twitter.com/catnipgames/status/1370528471399739393

I placed all three (high medium, low) dragons at at the location below in Salem. Loc: (110.3, 38.0, 137.5)

The first time I placed them they all worked fine, i.e., showed green box and could be placed on pot land

I then decided to move them to a different spot. Picked them up and put them in my inventory.

I tried placing them at a different spot and it does not allow me to place them. I just get the red square box. I then tried placing them back at the original location (pic and location below) and it will not allow me to place them there now. Get the red box there also.

I logged out. I left the pot. And, now I still cannot place them anywhere on my POT

[​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce: As above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16249
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3029
    SotA.Win.64.1357.Date.03.11.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Salem
    Area Display Name: Salem
    Loc: (110.3, 38.0, 137.5)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxTYWxlbXwoMTEwLjMyMSwgMzcuOTk3LCAxMzcuNDY2KXwoMCwgLTAuNzU5LCAwLCAtMC42NTIpfDgxMC4yNjAxfDcwfDkuMjQ5OTUy

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Even though it is a red box, does it place them if you "let go" or do thy go back to your inventory?

Anpu likes this.
  3. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

They go back into my inventory. They do not place when I let go.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

so it's not that the previous issue is not resolved, you are having a different issue than the one in raven swiftbow's report.

since you had just placed them and picked them up, this seems unlikely but i have to confirm: you have enough pot deco slots open for them? if i recall correctly, they take three five each.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  5. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Yes I have enough POT deco external items left to place them. As per my previous post I HAD placed them. I then picked them up, put them in my inventory and now I CANNOT place them again.

[​IMG]

6. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

I have sufficient external object spots, but just cant place them anywhere in Salem

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  7. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

i also tried to place the dragons in salem POT, and wasnt able to do it, i have checked deco limits, and was well under it

8. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

9. Alley Oop

@StarLife, please do not change the tags. this is still needs more info. it needs more info before a bug can be filed because we still don't know what's going on. i just don't know what to ask, at this point. i might actually ask @Ravalox to impersonate you and see what he can see, so please keep them in your inventory.

10. Alley Oop

in checking a theory, i should inform you that you should not have grass/tree-clearing pavers overlapping lots. you can have them there before the lots are claimed, but should remove them after (and they're not needed after since claiming a lot clears the grass/trees). the clearing pavers will prevent any other vfx boxes from being placed within them: bats, birds, butterflies, fireflies, fogs, dragons...

...but i do NOT think that's what's going on here, as the place you're trying to put the dragon is a rare clear spot.

11. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@StarLife, Here's what looks like the issue is:

I started by going to Hometown and placing the same dragon there as a test (successful in placing re-zoning, removing and replacing again). I went to move it closer to a tree remover to do additional scenarios and found that the placement on this is based on your cursor position, not the cube outline as one would expect.

This caught me off guard, when the box turned red in a spot that should have certainly accepted it. I realized my cursor was just touching the border of a lot property line.

I re-produced it (as you), and found that this appears to be what's happening there too. I was able to place it, but the cursor is being used as a reference instead of the cube outline.

I couldn't take a screen shot of this because the cursor is not shown. :(

Let me know if this helps and makes sense.

12. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

@Ravalox Still bugged.

I was just able to place 3 at Loc: (133.4, 38.0, 264.6).

I lifted one up and put it in my inventory.

I now cannot placed it back down again.

There are still two dragons in the location.

I think it might have something to do with external pot item count. Even though I have 582/600 external pot items when I drag the dragon from my inventory the box shows as red. If I release it (as to place the item) the external pot item box flashes red. See below pic

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  13. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ok, reproduced it. It thinks you are trying to place it where you are standing for some reason ...

[​IMG]

So we have two bugs here ... one being the fact that the placement is targeting based on the cursor and the other a more intrusive one where the spawner will not turn green.

I'll mark this as Verified and we will get it into the system.

Anpu likes this.
  14. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

15. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68839 (placement at cursor) & 68840 (spawner not turning green)

16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

03/20/2021 07:21
    Title: When placing dragon pot spawner color on placement does not change
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: When placing dragon pot spawner color on placement does not change. It is red which is also the color for not able to place. So when you place people think they are broken because they do not always spawn instantly and sometimes you have to leave the pot and come back in to reload for them to show.
    Steps to Reproduce: place any dragon town spawner
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 40762
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.Win.64.1359.Date.03.17.21
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCragMines
    Area Display Name: Etceter Crag Mines
    Loc: (71.6, -9.9, 140.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9FdGNldGVyQ3JhZ01pbmVzfHwoNzEuNTY5LCAtOS45MzcsIDE0MC42MDgpfCgwLCAtMC45OTksIDAsIC0wLjA0Mil8NTM1LjMyMzF8MzIuNjc1ODh8NS45NDAyNzU=

17. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@StarLife I just did some testing in your town. In the spot indicated above, you're inside of a tree/grass trimmer. Once you get your character outside of the trimmer, I was able to place it. Also, I noticed the docks stone area is indicated as an exterior bottom floor as a surface type, so if you tested there, those also will not place there (until a change patches in). I've added that surface type as a placeable location.

So please try again while your character is not inside a tree trimmer box area, and you'll have a little more flexibility when the patch comes to allow the additional surface.

Anpu likes this.