1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved 69473] Unity crashes entering hilt

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Blackheath, Aug 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Not sure if this is the right place for this, please let me know if there's a better forum.
    I'm trying to fix the vermillion lens, but every time I click on the door to Hilt Fortress it loads up to 64% -equipping avatars and then the unity box pops up and it crashes. It's happened 4 times now. I'm kinda done. Any tips or advice more than welcome!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you selecting the door to the right?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Yes.

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

OK and just to be sure:
    1. You have the Quest "Reassemble and use the Vermillion Lens" quest in your journal (open your journal by pressing the J key).
    2. You are clicking on the door labeled Enter Hilt Fortress [This door can only be used for "Reassemble the Vermillion Lens" quest].

Time Lord and Blackheath like this.
  5. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Yes and yes.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't have any good advice, but I created an issue and assigned it to a programmer. Hopefully they'll be able to help. Issue #69473

8. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Thanks, Sannio. And thanks Anpu and Time Lord too for your help and suggestions.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thank You Avatar @Blackheath ! :) I just help direct people to smart people and thanks so much for your report as it really helps our game! :)~Time Lord~

Blackheath likes this.
  10. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Ooookay, got it figured out. The one question I forgot to ask myself was 'what am I missing?"
    Journal entry: check
    Lens fragments: check
    Recipe: check ... uh wait...what does that recipe say? Ding! I didn't have any coal in my pack. Doh!
    Added some coal, and unity crash is gone.
    So, problem solved. And I feel a bit silly, but hey, c'est la vie. Maybe this will help someone else out.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

lack of coal would not keep you from entering the scene, especially since there's coal deposits near the forge in case people forget.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  12. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

That may be. If so, I have no idea why it was crashing on me repeatedly when I didn't have coal (and always at 'equipping avatars') and then didn't crash when I did have the coal.
    Unfortunately I've finished that part and cannot go back and test it again with and without. I guess it will remain a mystery to me.

Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.