1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Submitted 70419] lava pool fishing only works when standing on a particular side/location

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Xarras, Feb 10, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

1. Reproducible? Continuos.
    2. Blocker? Stops any lava pool fishing.
    3. Details: Select bait (gemmed bait and Prosperity fishing rod). Reticule is red off of lava pool but disappears when placed on lava pool. Tried different distances and angles to no better effect. It worked earlier this week though.
    4. Area: Dreigiau Diwedd (POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Dreigiau Diwedd) Loc: (-43.204, 72.796, -143.191) DBG: UE9UX3Ryb3BpY2FsaXNsYW5kX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHJlaWdpYXUgRGl3ZWRkfCgtNDMuMjA0LCA3Mi43OTYsIC0xNDMuMTkxKXwoMCwgMC43MDEsIDAsIDAuNzEzKXw0NDguOTU2NXw3MHw3LjU5NDE0OQ==

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Is there a magic fishing statue somewhere in this town?

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Open the decoration palette.

Echondas likes this.
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Thanks Anpu -- taught me something new or reminded me something I forgot.

@Xarras There is a Magic Gar Fetid Water Statue placed.. but @nimueCW says that isn't affecting her town (thanks!)

I can see that you only get the blue reticle from certain positions around the pools .. try standing in different spots.

See if that works for you in the meantime - I'm going to verify this bug, was able

Repro:

- stand in this exact location:
    Area: Dreigiau Diwedd (POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Dreigiau Diwedd) Loc: (-43.353, 72.817, -140.018)

- try lava fishing with proper bait and rod and observe the pool to the west works but the one to the east doesn't.

Thanks to @Lazarus Long , @Jack SinAssist , and @nimueCW for the extra verification in Wolves' Den

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    Anpu and nimueCW like this.
  5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Additional Info:

After doing additional testing, found that the issue appears to be tied to the cardinal direction the pool is placed in. IE: North/South orientation produces a blank area along the East (long) side for 2/3 of the pool width when standing on the East side, the last "square" of lava on the Northern end across the entire short length cannot be targeted.

When placing the same large pool facing East to West, only the West (short) end does not produce the target.

I can re-produce this no matter where I stand along the long side or short side

Echondas and Anpu like this.
  6. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 70419

7. ioSelect

ioSelect Avatar

When lava fishing, have gemmed lure, point circle to cast into lava, circle doesn't turn blue most the time.
    Was trying to lava fish and spent more time unable to cast the lure then actually casting the lure.

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

insufficient info. if you're fishing in a placed lava pool, known bug. if you're fishing out in the world, add the /loc.

9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Is this bug specifically for Large pools or are medium ones affected as well. I know the small ones are working fine. I have two small in my dungeon. I am testing the direction of a large now and indeed the North/South placement is an issues. Can only cast in one spot.

After further testing if i move two spots from the north end and stay along the west side i can fish all along the west side to the south end. Can also reach the middle. I will continue to test this large pool. And there is a salt water fishing statue here as well so i dont think its the fishing type that is affecting it

Upon further testing the large pool in Crossroads Landing is working. Some spots are hit or miss but it definitely has to do with where you stand. but i was able to get all the way around from one end to the other and fish.

Went to Dreigiau Diwedd aka Xak's island and his are not working at all. I think it might have to do with him having deco inside and across the two large pools. But he has a small pool right next to them and its not working either. The small pool is across the two large ones on the southern end. So not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I would suggest putting one down and testing it before adding more or butting them up against each other. But that is just me

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  10. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I went to all of them and playing around with the camera angles, height of the character, and distance from the pool. I even stood INSIDE the pool and took no damage (see attached picture) [​IMG]
    I still however could not fish from this angle either. These are all large lava pools and some are on private land and some are on POT land so i don't think that matters. Also some are East to West while others are North to South. i finally managed to get the angle to start getting the cursor to highlight positioned as follows:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    best i can say as to this is do long rows end to end with plenty of places to adjust camera angle, and player heights till you can get the curser to highlight.

11. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah they are not mine. I was just testing them out to see if they were working or not. The owners would have to do some moving...that would be Xak and Irish to fix them. Dulayne's i got to work. But still something is wonky with them

12. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Is ist WAD that player-owned lava pools do no damage to players, even if completely in the pool while simply stepping in passing into more shallow lava in a zone can lead to massive DOT?

Area: Brittany Fields (Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Fields) Loc: (-73.2, 47.435, -58.481) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9GaWVsZHN8fCgtNzMuMiwgNDcuNDM1LCAtNTguNDgxKXwoMCwgLTAuMDM0LCAwLCAtMC45OTkpfC0xMTY3LjU0OXw0Ny4yMjc4fDEuMjU=

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, it is not as designed. you have found a pool experiencing an odd exception and it also seems to be experiencing the OTHER odd exception these pools are prone to, which suggests they are related. merging.

upon further examination, in build 1621 i cannot fish or take damage in any pool i have tried, including ones i know were working in the past. something has changed to completely break them.

edit: and yet i see someone using them successfully in a dungeon.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  14. simon1974

simon1974 Bug Hunter

Was fishing in flair's dungeon and using the lava pools. they seems to be wroking fine when in dungeons, compare to when they are outside

15. Lained

Lained Avatar

Had a number of days without any issues whatsoever, then last night and today the pools in Rajazel are bugged. There's a combination of arc around, distance from the avatar and the angle with respect to the horizon that seems to change the validity of the casting cursor.

Aurelius Silverson and Anpu like this.
  16. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

We have a large lava pool in the POT I am steward for, usually you can fish in it but sometimes, apparently randomly, there are problems.

05/03/2023 23:56
    Title:Large lava pool, fishing issues
    Reproduction Rate:Difficult to say!
    Blocker? For fishing, yes
    Details:
    Last night, quite suddenly, we found that rather than being able to fish in the entire pool area we were very restricted in places that were valid to cast. It seemed like the 'range' we could cast at had been drastically reduced. Put it down as a minor bug, but this evening, after several successful casts, it simply stopped working, nowhere in the pool as a valid fishing spot. I logged out, and back in, left the scene and returned, also completely closed the client and restarted, changed bait types, and as steward even tried moving the pool, nothing worked. Another player came up to test it, and he could find one or two spots that he could fish in, but only one or two - most of the pool, as for me, was unusable.

Others in chat were also commenting on similar problem they have experienced with lava pools, mostly from what was said in those placed on a pot rather than in a dungeon.

Steps to Reproduce: As above - the problem is though, if it is as last night's issue was, it may well have resolved itself and be working again tomorrow - but for how long, and how completely, I have no way to tell.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32717
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4037
    SotA.Win.64.1654.Date.05.02.23
    Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_template/Fidra
    Area Display Name: Fidra
    Loc: (-57.3, 89.0, -69.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2lzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEZpZHJhfCgtNTcuMjc3LCA4OS4wMDIsIC02OS42MDMpfCgwLCAwLjcxLCAwLCAwLjcwNCl8NDUwLjY0MDZ8MzAuNTk1ODF8MTg=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.