Subterfuge due for some improvments!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Nov 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I had specialized in subterfuge since time forgot, and there are a couple of skills in the tree that i feel could use improvment.

Engage Opponent:

1.) Problem: It noticably locks you out of skills for a bit after executiion. If you are chasing someoen and use engage opponent, the global cooldown after using it just once is long enough that you cannot attack your target before they have fled you again.

2.) Proposed Solution: The only targeted gap closing skill that has no additiional effect, i feel should have its hallmark be that the global cooldown is more like how fast the global cooldown on Riiposte is, so that on non-"heated" executions (as in locked glyph heat) can utilize attacks immediately after engaging.

Opportunity Strike:

1.) Problem: it's lacckluster! It's a extremely weak attack unless you use it immediately after you dodge something, and then it turns into a weaker version of doubleslash that ignores armor. At thhe moment, its broken and only does a weak hit even if you use it after dodging, But it needs to be good enough to justify takign up deck space for a skill that has a pre-requisit of use based on random chance.

2.) Proposed solution: You could do lot sof thigns to make it strong after dodging: Give it a strong bleed, increase draw speed by 0.5 for 5 seconds, give it a big enough damage multiplier to matter, just anything to make it feel like its a opportunity worth trying to take at least once during a fighht

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ooh, yeah. I have a dodge heavy build. I tried out Opportunity Strike, seeing as I dodge a lot. But it just wasn't worth it compared to pretty much any of usual stacked ranged attacks.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

All of those do-something-after-you-succeede-at-something-else skills suck.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Not surprising. That's the only one I've ever really tried to use in that way.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Yup... bugged Riposte so many times now. Fortify as well...

Barugon likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Maybe skills like opportunity strike and riposte would be better off if they worked more like dodge and glancing blow, i.e. instead of having to activate after an event for a bonus, it's an attack that also gives you a super short duration buff that fires additional effects if you dodge or parry or whatever within that window. I guess it's debatable how much sense that makes, but it would definitely be a lot more practical, especially given how hard it can be to even tell what's going on sometimes in battle spam without making your own audio triggers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.