Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: Blood Spatter

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Damian Killingsworth, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Not sure if this is the place for graphics suggestions, but here goes:

It would be really awesome and realistic, if after a certain amount of battle, your weapons, skin, clothing, and armor become covered in the respective bloods of creatures, monsters, and humanoids. this can be remedied by perhaps the cleaning and polishing of armour and weapons, which can be a service provided by crafters.

to take it to the next level, have NPC reactions to players entering towns while covered in blood, or arrows sticking out of their bodies.

Maybe this is already in the works, but if not, I think implementations like this will separate SotA from the imitators.

2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

I hope they don't do this (or if they do, I can turn it off). I hated it in Dragon Age. Ruined the cut scenes.

smack likes this.
  3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

heh it made even the most horrifying and dramatic story turns quite hysterical

NRaas, Soleidad and smack like this.
  4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

If blood spatter would mean more than a few minutes of additional dev time or money.. I say no. The release date has already been pushed back to February (or later). I don't think things like this are necessary. Maybe they can revisit things like this in Episode 2. As of right now, they team have enough on their place.

Celestial Knight likes this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I share the concern that this would be too much work right now. Also I think the title a little misleading for what the idea actually is though blood splatter is perhaps a nice extension of the idea of dirt and grime. The question would be how expensive it would be to develop a system to apply dirt and grim (and blood splatter) on all equipable items in-game. Then if they do that you have to consider whether or not you can show damage and general wear and tear on equipment (even cooler) etc.

I look forward to the day when these things are common place in games. Alas I fear it is beyond the scope of Portalarium's current machinations.

Mordecai likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

I thought Unity supported decals?

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Still art intensive. Every decal has to be made to look good on everything. Then what kind of extra burden is it when half the people in a crowded scene are running around with a bunch of decals stuck on them? At what distances are they visible?

Maybe it's easy and cheap? But I'm betting it's not as simple as "oh yeah sure that's easy we can squeeze it into EP1 no problem" Maybe someday though?

8. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I like the sound of all this.

Here's a casual aside of other things we might need...
    severed arteries, ruptured spleens, fractured bones, dislocations, discombobulation’s, contusions, concussions, abrasions, lesions, lacerations, haemorrhages, disembowelment, vivisection’s, reflexions, dissections, punctured lungs, pierced limbs, bludgeoned skulls, split lips, blackened eyes, broken necks, cracked ribs, impaled heads, fleshy divots...
    dark hearts pounding beneath trembling flesh,
    consciousness withdrawing into the shadow of the Lych,
    expeditions into the unknown without trepidation, Titan statues weeping blood and extricating from pedestals, exorcising of the Oracle from the possessed, the psychological disconnect when fate is sealed, blood spilling over obsidian altars, flaming tabernacles, melting crucibles, exploding stain-glass windows, drinking of serum from goat skulls, Ankns crumbling into vaporous mist, sacrifices to Pagan gods, the world spinning in reverse upon its axis, boiling fountains, steam venting from Stygian pits below, screaming shrunken heads...
    if there's still time...

:p

Lord Baldrith, Kyle and prospereau like this.
  9. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

lol. That sounds easy enough.

10. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

Didn't you forget babies on spikes and hounds supping on the entrails of your victims? :eek: Is there anything beyond an R Rating that Portalrium could aim for? Maybe a "Dear God...lock up your daughters and prepare for the apocalyspe!!" Rating? We could call it a 4HOTA Rating? (I'm giving out points to anyone who figures out the acronym.)":)

DF.

Lord Baldrith, Kyle and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  11. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Quartet of equestrians of the Armageddon?

Sir_Hemlock and prospereau like this.
  12. Floors

Floors Avatar

Being covered in blood auto flags you for PvP :)

Kyle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.