Suggestion - Edelmann

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WeirDave, Oct 20, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

I am both disappointed and insulted that the "Edelmann Beer" I made has the same alcholic level of intoxication as that of the common "Drach Bock Beer"!!

When I signed up as a Kickstarter backer many moons ago I wanted to be an elite part of the game but some things from that era just feel watered down. What is the "value" of me having this beer over that of the common beers?

Please consider making an adjustment to fix this,

Baratan and Black Tortoise like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I myself dont feel insulted, but I do wish the edelmann beer had some kind of special difference. Perhaps instead of more intoxication, it gave you like +1 focus regen as well - nothing thats imbalancing to the game, but something that makes it a teensy bit more desireable.

I was very excited about the prospect of brewing back in the early release days, and it was actually my original motive behind my first upgrade to the Edelmann pledge level (back then I had no interest in the big housing lots). I waited, and waited and waited... I also planned on roleplaying a chef in this game (which I do), and it was an important aspect of my character's design to have an especially tasty beer that people came to the tavern for. We all waited, and waited, and waited some more for brewing to come out. When it did, it was admiteddly kinda cool, but compared to how excited most of us were for it, it was a bit of a letdown. Within that, the Edelmann beer was just pointless - Drach Boch Beer with a different title? Meh. I dont need it to be elite above other players, I just want some aspect of it to tie into the lore of the game that were the first wave of Avatars in this new world, something to enhance my storytelling of my bar for players to rest in during their travels. At least they can taste their budweiser with a different label on it lol.

Heres to some iteration on brewing, and cooking in general! Cooking needs some serious love!

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

When brewing was first added to the game, Devs noted that all existing (and newly added ) brewed drinks would have the same affects, but that later they will go back and give them all individual stats and affects.

Each beer, wine, and spirit (whiskey) will all be different in some way to diversify them. I'm sure the Edelmann version will make it stand apart from the other beers to make it special, but not overpowering. For now, it at least has the benefit of costing less resources to make compared to other beers..

But, what you see now is not the final versions for affects so don't fret until we see how they get updated later.

Sentinel2, Jaesun and Elwyn like this.
  4. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Call me crazy, but isn't possible that he might have been being sarcastic?

5. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I guess it's possible, but I didn't get that impression.

Sentinel2 and Jason_M like this.
  6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I can't believe that he was insulted by beer stats and thinks that having slightly stronger beer will make him an elite part of the game.

My apologies to the OP if his honor has genuinely been besmirched by the delay in implementing unique beer appropriate to his presumed elite status.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I will teach the Edelmann recipe to anyone who asks.

Jason_M and Jaesun like this.
  8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

My understanding was brewing is only the first iteration. There was "talk" of making brewing a buff like food.

This would be a boost to the brewing system that would hopefully add more player demand for the consumables.

Maybe the Edelmann beer having unique boosts would make is more worthwhile.

Regards
    Spung

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Alcohol gives a buff to Pugilism.

10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Brewing (like fishing) isn't complete. Yet :)

And we're just getting a major overhaul with fishing. So brewing TBD. Definitely on their todo list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.