Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion for additional PoT external objects

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Andrew Rodrick, Dec 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I was wondering if it would be possible to allow player written books and flyers to be placed as an external object in PoT's?

Being able to place them in a town could open the door for player made quests, PoT info at the entrance and many other things ;)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Kendric Darrow Hey! Thank you for the feedback and suggestion! Moving this thread to the appropriate Feedback forum so it doesn't languish in the realm of bugs.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

My only concern is the POT owner or Custodian can be the only ones allowed to do this NOT someone just dropping notes / books all over :-(

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think it would be great if sheets of paper could also be rotated vertically and attached to walls, to use like handbill advertisements, announcements, etc. We'll eventually need this if we're going to have things like town messageboards. But also advertising prices on a shop exterior , etc.

Plaques would also be nice, to be able to label the bookshelves on libraries, exhibits on tables, etc.

5. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I think it would be a great feature, but I agree it would be better to limit it to those with owner/custodian privileges to minimize clutter. Or maybe have there be a specific posting board that anyone can post to (confines it to local area).

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, I'm assuming when we have an actual message board / notice board object, we'll be able to set or open privileges, and the game will manage it in a way to handle the clutter.

But, in the mean time, there are a lot of other uses for posting notes on walls.

7. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Billboard posters for the next spontaneous concert!!!!!

8. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Apologies and thanks for moving it :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  9. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Exactly, I should have been clearer but this is what I am suggesting, just the owner/custodian would be able to do this as it will use the PoT's external objects space which is limited.

10. Womby

Womby Avatar

I have set up an island specifically for quests. Currently if I want to leave a note or a book to be discovered, I have to place a marker, claim it with a lot deed (not row, because they always have a house visible and not village, because they are all sold out) - this clears a town deed sized patch of vegetation, which is unfortunate if i want to leave a note or book in a forest; it will also in the future be subject to property tax - then I can finally place the book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.