Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

suggestion- inverted skill costs or no gold

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by mike11, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Hi, just want to note that I am finding the upfront gold skill costs frustrating.

I find I am lacking a lot of basic skills and being broke being a really large factor in my player being practically useless and unable to kill anything.

I anything I would only charge gold for specialty skill purchasing if possible

I don't think skill acquisition should be a gold sink by default - better keep gold costs more related to traditional Food/travel/rest area+healing.

oh and for BONUS, I would like to see more base-type skills including crafting be able to learn from exploring the world somehow. That would help make the game seem more alive as exploration could be rewarding for young Avatars.

thx

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Have you tried earning some money by baking bread? Or run a few errands for the mail route? It currently only costs 100g to get 1 basic skill. It's much, much cheaper than it used to be. :D

3. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

A lot off the issues, I see people posting about the new combat system seems to have to do with the steep learning curve in this game couple with the lack of user generated guides on how to build a deck. in many mmo's money is fairly easy to get which tends to cause inflation in prices which destroys many in game economies. At first glance Shroud seems like it is painful to make money. I have not found it too difficult at early levels to bring in 1k to 1.5k an hour. I typically go into a zone that spawns wolves and skeletons. I kill and skin the wolves for hides. The skeletons often drop a small amount of gold and the item that sells for 20 gold. I rarely loot the weapons on the skeletons until I have raised my strength enough to carry more. I sell the hides for 6 gold per hide at a merchant as well as the two reagents I get off the skeletons one is 20 gold per and the other sells for 3-5 gold per. With 1k if gold it allows me to buy 8 skills and 2 raid kits per hour to start. Once those 8 skill get to level 10, I am able to kill 3 wolves at a time which increases my hides which increases by gold per hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.