1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

SUGGESTION: NEW Taming Innate Skill

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Roxefeller, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Hello again fellow Avatars and Devs alike!
    @Elgarion

I come to you today with a product of some brainstorming ... an idea for a NEW Taming Innate Skill!

Mastery - Allows the summoning of an additional +1 or +2 maintained "copies" of the same summoned creature, but reduces the damage of each summoned creature.
    There's even a perfect spot for this Innate Skill branch just below Refresh and it makes sense as a logical progression of skill level adding on to the Refresh Innate Skill! Since Refresh reduces the cooldown of summoning a tamed creature, therefore allowing you to summon your 2nd and 3rd copies of your creature faster!

So, how would the numbers work? Well, Mastery would allow you to have up to 3 "copies" of the summoned creature out at one time.
    These copies are not summoned all at once. You would have to wait for the cooldown of Summoning to call each additional copy.
    If you have 2 creatures summoned, each individual creature's damage is reduced to 70% of having just 1 creature summoned. This gives the summoner incentive to want more than 1 summoned creature as it provides an overall dps increase having 2 copies at 70% damage.
    If you have 3 creatures summoned, each individual creature's damage is reduced to 40% (I wasn't certain of this value being 40% or 50%. 40% Makes it less overall dps than 2 copies, but provides more cover for the summoner. Whereas 50% is an increase across the board.) of having just 1 creature summoned.

I feel having a total of 3 summons out at once would be the limit of this ability as any more is potential overkill.

Let me know what you guys think!
    As always, thank you for taking the time to look over and consider my suggestion.
    Roxferatu

**EDIT** I was also thinking .. this function of having +1 or +2 more summons maintained at one time .. could even be something added to each of the specific tree "Specialization" innate skills and is actually the better way to approach implementing such a function.
    This makes it so only those players wanting to be specialized summoners have the ability to summon multiple pets.
    Add the bonus to Summoning with Taming Specialization. Summon Fire Elemental with Fire Magic Specialization. Summon Skeleton and Summon Lich with Death Magic Specialization and so on! Even with Chaos Specialization, you could have 3x Daemons summoned at one time, OR even 3x Chaotic Clones!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Elgarion and Numa like this.
  2. Numa

Numa Avatar

Death mages would love this idea, specially for the summonable skeleton warriors which is reportedly underpowered.

Roxefeller and Elgarion like this.
  3. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Good point! There's even a spot for the branch in the Focus tree. Just below Train Summoned Pet Damage so both Magic Summoners and Tamer Summoners alike could benefit.

Elgarion and Numa like this.
  4. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

**EDIT** I was also thinking .. this function of having +1 or +2 more summons maintained at one time .. could even be something added to each of the specific tree "Specialization" innate skills and is actually the better way to approach implementing such a function.
    This makes it so only those players wanting to be specialized summoners have the ability to summon multiple pets.
    Add the bonus to Summoning with Taming Specialization. Summon Fire Elemental with Fire Magic Specialization. Summon Skeleton and Summon Lich with Death Magic Specialization and so on! Even with Chaos Specialization, you could have 3x Daemons summoned at one time, OR even 3x Chaotic Clones!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Elgarion, majoria70 and Numa like this.
  5. Benecor

Benecor Avatar

I have a hard enough time getting 1 pet to do what I tell it to. I can't imagine trying to manage 3.

6. Roxefeller

Roxefeller Avatar

Do you have 'Pet Attack Target' and 'Pet Stop Attacking' bound to keys? I find that helps tremendously. Figure that keybind would work the same having 3 pets as it does 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.