[Suggestion]Rename Gathering Nodes Based on Difficulty/Yield

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Solstar, Nov 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

So I have frequently seen confusion arise as to why some nodes are harder than others to gather from, i.e. "It's an iron node. Looks the same as all the other iron nodes I've mined. Why the heck is this one a <1% chance? etc...

If I understand correctly that the more difficult nodes have a chance at a higher yield, we should see that reflected in the name of the node our character is looking at. Knowing it was a "Rich Cotton" or "Small Gold" node would help give some context as to why the node is more difficult to gather from.

I would even suggest to standardize it across all gathering nodes.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  2. Derium

Derium Avatar

/signed

3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

As has been mentioned by another poster, the new skull markers being put into zones are a way to currently tell the nodes difficulty in the zone. But, I think this renaming approach allows more diversity in node difficulty within a zone. It means the skulls can show an average difficulty for the zone, but if there are nodes that are one tier above or below that average, it will be readily apparent to the player. This will broaden the number of places one can harvest from in any given tier.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It appears that ALL nodes in a zone are the same level sooooo - if you know the scene is a level 3 then the nodes are level 3. But if they do this please make it something I can turn off like names since there is enough junk on the screen already if you have all the menusha turned on

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Clearly you would only see the name if you mouse over it, just like right now.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I think it's important to have a reason why this cotton is harder to pick than the cotton i picked in that zone with easier mobs.. the direct correlation to mob difficulty and resource gathering difficulty is painfully obvious when it's divided by 'zone lines' we have to wait through load screens to enter/exit. And that's not a good thing. As nodes get more 'difficult' they need a different appearance to make it obvious why this is 'harder'. They should be harder to reach, harder to see, or just a different type that you might not normally see. (like trees growing on cliff sides, or thinner ore veins more difficult to see, or black pearl oysters growing on waterfalls - etc. harsher environments can lead to more difficult nodes, and more difficult monsters, naturally, in a way that makes sense. And we'll say, 'wow, that looks difficult' On the other hand, if it looks like every other cotton plant we'll just say, 'that's dumb, why is it harder to pick? Stupid game..'

I like how the Etceter crag mines do this, they get progressively more difficult as you go down, and ther's no load screens between the varying levels of difficulty! yay!! we need more of that. It's a step in the right direction.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Several scenes have nodes with varying difficulty.
    Like Miracle says above Etceter is an obvious example of this.
    Also some resources doesn't follow the scene tier. For instance crystals seems to be easy everywhere.
    Etc.
    so that other poster is only partially correct.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.