Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestion: show item icon on destroy or remove from vendor alert window

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Elwyn, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm sure that everyone has hit destroy or almost done so at least once so far with the wrong item. I even managed to pull the wrong item off of a public vendor because of UI lag (using the mouse coordinates when the click was processed and not from when the click actually happened).

It might help if the icon of the item was put in the confirmation window. And multiple items for delete could be done in some other way that makes it obvious that you aren't just destroying your broken ingot mold. Maybe a red stop sign icon? Putting the multiple item destroy message in red might help too, or simply requiring a double confirmation.

Krofft likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

So it finally happened this morning.

I was doing a bunch of smelting and my ingot mold went to zero.

Sure, okay, might as well delete it.

The broken ingot mold was selected along with a bunch of other stuff on the left side. Lost all the ingots I had made, and my Artisan's Smelting Tongs, too. Fortunately had another smelting tongs in the bank from the dupes we got with R24 release.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about repairing weapons. The only difference between repair and salvage (other than being a different button) is the repair kit being on the right side. I make sure to be very careful about it and then immediately re-equip the weapon so that I don't end up salvaging my nice sword.

Maybe if we had some way we could set a "don't delete/don't scrap" flag on items. Turning it off should probably bring up a confirmation dialog, too.

EDIT: pledge reward and store items should not be destroyable, or should at least start with a don't-delete flag set that has to be cleared manually, and the don't-delete flag should even cause an error with a multiple item delete

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    Lord Baldrith and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.