Suggestions regarding UI, game mechanics and other stuff

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by monochromessy, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monochromessy

monochromessy Avatar

I really hope the dev team read or at least pay attention to things like this.

Background: ex-UO player, circa 2002-2008. This is my SECOND week playing SotA, however I want to contribute truly to this game and its community.

UI

1. Chat Systems:

- enable the tabs to be freely re-arranged or even detached from the "main" chat windows.
    - enable players to turn on/off timestamp. (very important!) :D
    - enable a notification sounds for various purposes (friends online/offline; guildmate online/offline).
    - enable the setting to let the tabs blinking when there is an unread message, this can be set on/off.

- enable players to color their fonts in the game (perhaps between 6 to 8 colors only to avoid cluttering).
    - enable the "Note" system in the friend list so it can be read without having to click "Add/Edit Note".
    - enable the guildmates list to show where they are and also an option to change that column between "location" or "rank", etc.
    - enable the background of chat windows to be set from transparent to opaque.
    - enable players to just double click on an incoming whisper to open a new whisper tab with that particular player's name OR directly move the chat to the Whisper tab.
    - enable to link items' descriptions on the chat windows.

2. Hotbars

- enable the hotbars to be resized to a certain minimum and maximum sizes, especially the combat one.
    - for the unlocked glyphs, the combo and grouping can be colored. Sometimes there will be four or more skills showing but all are highlighted in green color line. Perhaps we can have at least two colors by default such as green and blue.
    - the button for the alternate deck should be able to be moved or even removed from the screen since players have the options to use a specific button (unless they really need to use the mouse for some reasons).

3. Maps

- fix the error where the red arrow can suddenly point to a different direction than our toon does.
    - stable and up-to-date sync with the current information of the lots and houses in every POT.
    - enable player to choose the map to be static (north is up, south is bottom) or dynamic so the red arrow will keep pointing up when we move around.
    - change the font style and color of the information window on the map to look more medieval, currently it looks too modern.
    - smoother look when zooming in and out.
    - enable players to drop pin when in group or party so other members can see it too.
    - enable players to see their teammates on the map especially inside the instances.
    - nodes for harvesting will depend on the particular skill the toon has. The higher the skill, the larger of the radius of the nodes can be seen on the map.
    - there should be MAP and RADAR.
    - compass should have more options to show what we want to see. Entrance/Exit points perhaps are fixed and always shown, anything else can be set to be visible or not.

4. Inventory

- fix the error that each time we log into the game, the main backpack will just scatter things around (when it is set to the UO graphic).
    - allow players to put a container in another container.

5. Journal

- entries in the journal can be deleted/removed.
    - quests/journals can be shared within the members of a current party/guild.

6. Vanity Items

- enable players to use other image/look of different items on their current armors for the sake of fashion, unity or fun.

Mechanics

1. Quests

- quests should be more interactive and engaging, not only delivering things from A to B, etc.
    - incentives of completing quests should be more awarding such as unique titles, rare drop/loot.

2. Tutorial

- should covers -at least briefly- the concept of traveling.
    - should teaches new players about the deck especially with the locked and unlocked slots.
    - tutorials should also cover combat and non-combat skills, at least one or two crafting skills can be explained a bit.

3. Bulletin Board for trading

- enable players to put announcement (to avoid misuses, perhaps it can be set default by drop down menu systems) about selling or buying items that provides details of the exact location of their vendors.
    - enable players to advertise about their guild, a short description and location of their headquarters, etc.
    - these announcement will require the players to pay some fee before it expires.
    - to avoid abuse of use, announcement will be limited per account for example. For guild recruitment, only the guildmaster can broadcast it.

I know we can always hit the forum on the web, but having a bulletin board for these purposes will be more fun.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I am writing this because I love this game and I hope this can help building it in any way it would.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

This is on the roadmap for R45.

You can get patterns, they can be applied to items to change their look.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The tutorial points are pretty important. I'm still seeing new players missing out on how to open up their advanced combat options, and totally confused about deck building once they do.

monochromessy likes this.
  4. monochromessy

monochromessy Avatar

Also, at the moment, the Journal serves very little purposes (at least, that's what I feel and find out). It is just like a small note of what I have done for questing, that's all. It can't even be deleted after it is done.

Or perhaps it's supposed to be like a diary of our entire game play up to now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.