Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestions v2.0

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

1. Classic Britannia monsters: In future releases, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the monsters that gave the older Ultima games a unique sense of "Oh crap. Shouldn't have gone in there." Where are the rats, rotworms, acid slugs, hydras, reapers, alligators, snakes, and corpsers?Also, my two personal favorites...the gremlins--which always cracked me up that their bodies poofed into a pile of food when killed in U7. It was hard to take them serious looking like little toddlers dancing around in green jump suits but they could be a pain in numbers. And also, slime. I would like to see slime in all its amorphous glory rendered here in translucently gelatinous 3d. Again going back to U7, the slime had pretty innovative mechanics for a game of that time. It could separate, come together again, form different sized blobs. Taking out an entire mass of slime took some time even with a full party.

2. Instruments: Where are the harpsichords, lutes, flutes and drums laying about I can fiddle with? I don't know exactly how much of the original music and sounds EA now owns the rights to, but it would be awesome if SoTA could get away with squeezing in whatever original sound they could. If not, I know some beautiful scores for these items could be invented as so far the game's music is totally living up to expectations for me.

3. Show weapon and shield on the Avatar when unequipped. Where does the Avatar put his sword and board when not in use that causes them to magically disappear? Perhaps it's a question best left unanswered, but it sure would be nice to see 2-handers on the back, 1-handers at the hip, maybe even a quiver for archers. Not a huge concern really, but later on it would make a more versatile looking population of players and add to the 'realism' some often desire.

2. Alan Waltaffa

Alan Waltaffa Avatar

At least the slime is already in the game (in some dungeons), and YES, it's still a pain in ... the avatars backside ;)

I definitely agree on 3., that should be implemented in a better way :cool:

Greetings
    Alan

3. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

This is good news!

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Some already in (like slimes)
    Some already planned (see schedule in announcements)
    Some not planned for E1 =(
    Some owned by EA ;=(

Instruments are planned. (See pledge rewards)

On the wish list but will not make it into E1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.