Summer Showdown Group Combat Tournament RESULTS POSTED

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Grumpy Krabnevir, May 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Summer Showdown Group Combat Event
    2 Teams Enter, One Team leaves

LEVEL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAIN EVENT HAVE CHANGED TO HELP MORE PLAYERS FIT ON A TEAM, SEE BELOW!
    Purpose:

This is a group combat event for the purpose of providing a fun and entertaining tournament atmosphere for players to participate and win prizes. There will be limited team slots available on a first come first serve basis. A team slot is not committed to a team until all signup requirements have been met and verified. This event is for fun and entertainment, it may not be perfect.

Date & Time: June 14th

Pre-Event Newcomer Bracket Starts: 12:00 Noon CST (Austin Time)

Main Event Bracket Starts: 2:00 PM CST (Austin Time)

Location: Judgement Square Prison Cage Dungeon located in Krabnevir (see map below along with course pictures further down) Contestants are welcome to check out the course prior to the tournament. The dungeon will not have active spawns.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There will be 2 level based bracket tournaments as follows:

Pre-Event Newcomer BracketLimited to 4 three man teams with all players level 125 or below

Main Event Bracket Limited to 8 three man teams with only one player above 135 Per Team

Overview:

Using opposing entrances, 2 teams enter the gauntlet and race along equally distant paths until they encounter the opposing team at the main center fight room. The objective of each team is to successfully defeat and get past the opposing team and be the first complete live team to exit the gauntlet through the opposing team’s entrance. Any team that successfully kills all opposing team members need only to resurrect any dead teammates if necessary and exit the opposing team’s entrance with all team members alive. There are no ankhs within the gauntlet, if you resurrect in the foyer, you are out of the match and your team loses. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST EXIT ALIVE THROUGH THE OPPOSING TEAM’S ENTRANCE FIRST TO WIN.

Tournament Structure:

Each Tournament will be a bracket tournament with double elimination with the winner of the winner’s bracket facing the winner of the loser’s bracket for a ONE ROUND championship match. Tournament entries will be accepted up until 24 hrs before the start of the tournament. Tournament seeding will be determined by random selection

The tournament bracket with match times will appear on the town’s website www.krabnevir.com with live updates and the tournament will also be streamed live in progress. Teams should be in the dungeon foyer at least 10 minutes prior to the listed start time of their match. Any teams that are not ready at the starting time will forfeit their match and it will be counted as a loss. The Governor will act as tournament director and address any problems that arise and if necessary will make a decision that is most equitable to the event and the participants. All decisions are final and un-appealable.

Match Rules:

All ransoms must be returned, if anyone's ransom is not returned, plz notify Governor Grumpy Krabnevir and appropriate action will be taken.
    1. All teams can use any and all spells, potions, poisons, pets, and skills EXCEPT MESMERIZING MELODY

2. The fight(s) can take place anywhere along the course

3. Team members can resurrect teammates during the fight

4. A 10 minute time limit will be in effect with a countdown announced in zone chat as time expires if necessary. At the end of the time limit, the fight is over and any remaining live contestants have 5 minutes to exit the gauntlet once time limit is announced in zone chat. If a live player does not exit within the 5 minutes, their team may be disqualified and could result in forfeiture of the match. Should both teams have any players alive in the gauntlet past the 5 minute time limit, both teams will forfeit the match with the original losing team being eliminated from the tournament.

5. In the event neither team finishes within the time limit, the winner will be declared based upon which team has the most live players closest to their winning exit at the moment time expires. All declarations of the winner to be determined by the Governor and are considered final.

6. Absolutely no pvp will be allowed inside the dungeon by non participants and should any spectators or participants interfere with the procession of the event, they will be swiftly removed.

[​IMG]

Pre-Event Newcomer Bracket:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Main-Event Bracket:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Entry Fee: None

Prizes:

Thanks to Emmory Watsyn: All participants will receive a gift bag for participating.

New Prizes Added (in Red)
    Thanks to one of the best hearted, open minded, kindest, and intelligent people to play this game, this daring adventurer and wonderfully beautiful, mysterious benefactor has donated new prizes that have been added and every finisher will be a winner.
    Free Wine will be provided to all contestants and spectators!!

In addition the following prizes will be awarded to the winners.

Pre-event tournament:

Prizes will be awarded for 1st and 2nd places as follows:

1st Place: 1800 Cotos, 6 Yellow Bundles, 3 Random Gear Items crafted by Fzol or Crowquillz, & 200K Gold

2nd Place: 900 Cotos, 3 Yellow Bundles, 3 Random Gear Items crafted by Fzol or Crowquillz, & 100K Gold

3rd Place: 75K Gold
    4th Place: 50K Gold

Main Event tournament:

Prizes will be awarded for 1st through 4th places as follows:

1st Place: 4500 Cotos 3 Blue Bundles, 6 Yellow Bundles, 6 Random Gear Items crafted by Fzol or Crowquillz, & 420K Gold

2nd Place: 3000 Cotos 3 Blue Bundles, 3 Yellow Bundles, 3 Random Gear Items crafted by Fzol or Crowquillz, 360K Gold

3rd Place: 1500 Cotos 6 Yellow Bundles, 3 Random Gear Items crafted by Fzol or Crowquillz,
    300K Gold

4th Place: 900 Cotos 3 Yellow Bundles, 3 Random Gear Items crafted by Fzol or Crowquillz, & 240K Gold

5th Place: 180K Gold

6th Place: 120K Gold

7th Place: 75K Gold

8th Place: 45K Gold

Last place will also receive a Bonus Prize in addition to the listed prize:
    Special Last Place Prize Sponsored by CiCi : 100k gold

Prizes will be given to the team captain to distribute to their respective team.

Tournament Course:

In this example, Red team enters to the west, blue team enters to the east. For Red to win, they must defeat the Blue team and exit through the Blue Team's entrance within the time limit to win. For Blue to win, they must defeat the Red team and exit through the Red Team's entrance within the time limit.

[​IMG]

To Register:

Contact Grumpy Krabnevir via this post, or by pm in the forums (Grumpy Krabnevir) or via Discord Grumpy Krabnevir#9897 or via in game whisper or mail. Include the following information:

1. Team Name

2. Team Captain

3. Team Roster

4. Adventure Level of each team member (this information will be verified for accuracy)

5. Tournament Bracket Selection (which bracket are you entering)
    You will be contacted back when your team has been verified, approved, and given a tournament berth. You will again be contacted when your first match has been scheduled, but be prepared for any time slot on the day of the tournament. The tournament bracket will be updated in real time at www.krabnevir.com as the tournament progresses.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Sara Dreygon, Spinok, Net and 14 others like this.
  2. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

Happy dance!!!
    Getting my team together. XD

Peach, Sonja, Violet Ronso and 2 others like this.
  3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

4. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

There is a level 95 archer looking for teammates for the newcomer bracket. Message me here or in game if you’re also in search of teammates, I’ll help set it up.
    <3

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

If anyone is in need of a 3rd let me know! Lvl 115 planning to participate in the newcomer tournament!

6. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'll get this in next weeks update -- looks great! :)

Sonja, Net, Peach and 4 others like this.
  7. legacyhewas

legacyhewas Avatar

level 101 in-game Legacy ,also on the official discord add me , trying to get into the tourney.

Sonja, Grumpy Krabnevir and Peach like this.
  8. Peach

Peach Avatar

Nice !! This is so exciting !!!
    im gonna find team mates and get back to u on here :D :D

9. Peach

Peach Avatar

Ok im back with a team :D

Peach Pitt
    Joe Zhudarak
    Stano zolol

I will be back with a team name

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  10. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

My team is almost done:

Team Name: Dragon's Breath

Team Roster: 1. CatherineRose
    2. Xak Xarras

Main Event Bracket

I'll be back with rest of info. :)

Jikininki, Sonja and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  11. Net

Net Avatar

I am in!
    I mean, I will have to convince others to form a team, I guess, but what is the catch?

Sonja and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  12. Jikininki

Jikininki Avatar

No catch. Participation prizes too.

Sonja, Net and Violet Ronso like this.
  13. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

As Jikininki said, there is no catch, participation prizes just for showing up and competing, nice prizes for 1st - 4th, and yes a very special prize for last place in the main event bracket of 100k gold donated kindly by @CICI so please patronize her vendors when possible to thank her for supporting the community.

Only 7 days left to register, get your team together and pm me the names and adventure levels of each team member for verification.

Do not post the adventure levels of your team here publicly in the forums unless you have the consent of each team member to do so. All information submitted to enter the tournament will be kept private and only shared with Dev Elgarion for the purposes of verifying the accuracy of the information.

Remember, only four teams in the newcomer bracket and eight in the main event bracket, once it's full, it's full.

Lily Byrd, Sonja, CICI and 1 other person like this.
  14. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Team Name: Dragon's Breath

Team Roster:

1. Monkeysmack
    2. Xak Xarras
    3. CatherineRose- Captain

Main Event Bracket

Jikininki and Sonja like this.
  15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I am wondering why my legitimate question was deleted, censoring me will not benefit anyone; are there any "hidden" "special items" created by a GM for participating or winning in this event? I really want to know. Its just a simple question that can simply be answered with a yes or a no.

Its pretty clear that @Chris has set a precedent in motion which makes my question legitimate.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Sonja likes this.
  16. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Anyone can request special items for their events as prizes. Keeping in mind there are significant time delays and considerable effort by players to ask for these since oft times players must ask for them repeatedly over the course of many events, but yes. Chris will make special items for community events upon request. If you want one? Participate. If you want one for your events, run some events and start asking for a special giveaway item for participation. (Like I said, it's not an immediate response/receipt of items by any means). If you wish to discuss this issue more, simply start your own thread and debate it there (while keeping it civil). I seriously doubt the owner of the OP wants to debate this topic with you, nor allow your thoughts on dev provided community prizes to derail his thread and event.

Sonja, Jikininki, Alley Oop and 2 others like this.
  17. Net

Net Avatar

Well, I am not in, getting a team is more difficult for me than anticipated and it is bit later than I would like. I might come to watch and cheer still though.

Sonja and Violet Ronso like this.
  18. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yeah finding a team has been the hardest bit for me too.

A suggestion for future tournaments Grumpy, maybe create a discord or another kind of platform where people could go with a LFT tag or something to help the team making process?

Sonja and Net like this.
  19. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I didnt ask you. I asked Grumpy but thanks.

Im not here to talk about the subject or derail the thread. Im here to get an answer to my very simple question.

Why make an issue when there is none...

Sonja likes this.
  20. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Hey Bud,
    I missed your original question, as it got moderated before I saw it, but I'll answer what I think you are asking, if not you can msg me directly here if i'm misunderstanding what you are asking.

I can tell you this, I did ask Elgarion to ask Chris for some event items. I did not include any specific details in the request, didn't ask for cloaks, or this, or that, I just asked for event items. I did this, because I saw in the fishing post where Chris says he always is willing to provide items for such player ran events, and I wanted to see if he meant it, as well as thought it would be nice for the participants. I did not ask nor expect any items to have any special properties, and truthfully, did not expect any items at all, considering the shortness of the time available when I asked Elgarion to ask Chris to do so.

Elgarion explained that he did ask Chris, and that he indicated that he would like to provide some item(s) but did not believe it was going to be possible in time, and as of this post, that has been and still is the case. If he does not provide the items, I'm not mad, I did not give them much time, but I did indeed want to see if Chris was willing to do so, and it seems that he was.

Grumpy

Edit*
    Just so everyone is clear on my position, I like the idea of the devs supporting player ran events, and appreciate that they are willing to do so. I'm ok if it doesn't happen with this event because I thought of it late, after reading threads in the forums. Elgarion has been superb in his willingness to help me and answer questions and provide some assistance, and I appreciate his efforts to encourage such player events and to keep the focus on the event. I appreciate Ozzy's concern and quest for information and can simply offer info as it pertains to me. My post should in no way be construed as complaining about any person, question, effort, etc.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Lily Byrd, 2Reckless, Net and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.