1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Summer Telethon 2017 Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, stuck is NOT all good, and that's why we need start on world map.

discipleofweb and Chatele like this.
  2. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Your completely overlooking my comment with a logical response.... For now it's all good having them in. At some point when bugs are ironed out they need to be revamped entirely and start on world map removed, its highly exploitable. Calm down

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the game is never gonna be done to the point of being static. there's new scenes and changes to old ones all the time, and always will be. there is never gonna be a point when we are sure there are no places at all that will never need /stuck, and since stuck is not 100% effective, there is never gonna be a time when start on world map is not needed to escape these.

how is start on world map highly exploitable if you add a large cooldown? the alternative would be to have port staff in game to help players 24/7, and i haven't heard that they plan to do that.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

What /stuck should really do is teleport you about 5 feet up and 10 feet in a random direction, with clipping so you dont appear inside the ground. It would still be useful to get you out of stuck spots, but not useful as an escape mechanism or replace abilities like Blink. And since /stuck automatically reports where it was used, those can be fixed (and if they do find its being abused, they have a log).

Start on World Map would be fine with a large cooldown, say 6 hours or more. Its not something that should be usable multiple times in a play session.

Alley Oop likes this.
  5. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

I'm fully on board with this, AS SOON AS THE GAME IS NOT BUGGY AS SIN GETTING YOU STUCK ALL THE TIME. And the only way to check if you're really stuck is to have a dev come and see. That's not a good use of dev time nor player time.

What it really needs is the devs to be looking at that log, and following up on it, but it needs to be done as part of the day-to-day schedule looking at trends, not drop everything go mess with it now.

Stundorn and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Now that is a load of crap if I ever heard one .... The load times a re ridiculous ..... they need to make zoning a lot faster 1st IMHO

discipleofweb and Barugon like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have never understood the desire of some people to make the game more tedious.

8. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Exploiting a travel system has nothing to do with load times? I agree load times are crap, basically what your saying is you prefer to have easy free of charge travel. Let me put this in a example, your deep in a zone it will take you 10 minutes to walk back to the enterance. It's very obvious you can just log out and log back in outside of the zone, therefor a exploit of travel. Also same case for /stuck people go hunt get lost in the middle of a zone, simply /stuck teleport back to starting point. This is just two examples, I won't list more in depth ones because I don't promote exploits.

If listing facts of how people are using the mechanics of the travel system not how they are intended as exploits is "full of crap" I guess I'm full of crap. Lol. Sorry you both don't understand how this Is a exploit. Personally I wish there was no load times and a open world to get lost in, but I guess people want the easy way of travel. Oh I'm lost, let me log out and log back in.

Like I said earlier they are fine for now since we are in a buggy state of the game. When things get polished leaving stuck in the game is fine with a little revamping done to it, but the start of world map needs to go.

What I find funny is after all I commented on earlier you both are so concerned about these small features of exploited travel. Focus on more important things?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If they added an Exit to World Map button that was available in-town then I would have no problem with it.

I could point that same finger at you. ;)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

How the heck is Start on world map FREE TRAVEL? I don't get it .... all it does is start you on the map IN YOUR AREA where you logged off .... How is that free travel ..... If I log out in my home town... and then log back into the game and choose world map, all that does is put me right outside my town .... How is this free travel? travel is crossing zones, you cannot do that with Start on world map, travel is also traversing the map on foot, which you cannot do with "Start on world map" ....

11. Browncoat Jayson

If it was limited to when you logged off in towns, then it would be fine. What it does currently is allow you to cross entire scenes, or even multiple scenes (like mines into the passages into the crypts, etc), and then get all the way out "easily" by starting on the world map. No challenge to leave, just get to the "prize" area then quit and leave. That is not intended by the game design; it should be just as challenging to get out of a dungeon alive as it is to get deep into it.

12. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

This^^^

There is even more exploits with it but this is a perfect example of one, im not one to promote an explain how to exploit... I just dont like the easy way in games. Well said, thank you I'm kinda tired of trying to explain the mechanics people don't understand.

Stundorn likes this.
  13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

You're suggesting the intended game design is we should be unable to use teleport and recall scrolls?

Alley Oop, Chatele and Barugon like this.
  14. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

No, that is using the mechanics correctly. You can't teleport or recall overweight. He is referring to the topic of logging out and logging back in to travel as a exploit. Same deal with the stuck command.

I would read more of the conversation than one reply and twisting it around, in the future.

Stundorn likes this.
  15. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Why is that relevant? No-one to this point has mentioned being overweight at all. He mentioned nothing about being overweight, only the "intended by game design" feature of being required to fight your way out of a dungeon. There is no need to fight your way out of a dungeon if you can teleport out.

I have read the entire thread, thanks. I suggest you read it too instead of getting snarky.

Alley Oop and Chatele like this.
  16. Browncoat Jayson

Scrolls have a cost; two, actually. The Start on World Map option does not.

Stundorn likes this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Maybe a craftable scroll of "start on world map" is needed. :D

Alley Oop, discipleofweb and Stundorn like this.
  18. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Avatar

Not getting snarky, I mentioned exploits which I'm not going to go into detail about. Traveling overweight is one of them?

So yes I did read, I actually am the one that started the topic? Lol

19. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I'm not sure what the second cost is? Once I've bought a bunch of scrolls what other cost do I need to pay? And if I Start on World Map I still have to get home (or to whatever town I was heading to), so I still need to either use a scroll or run across the map avoiding encounters and zone in and out of control points as necessary. So what does Start on World Map get me in that scenario?

Yes, you were.

In which case how will "reading more of the conversation" help?

Can you explain how? If I am overweight I'd much rather be in the middle of a scene where I can buff and/or take a potion than be on the world map where I can do neither.

Chatele likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Start on World Map feature is intended to be removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.