Summon deemon spell

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robby, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

So I been looking through the skill trees, I'm pretty unexperienced with this game and all, and noticed this summon deemon spell. Not able to find much description on sota wiki or a you tube video. Has anyone been using it? Whats it like? I never really use magic in these types of games, more of a barbarian type player.... except for when theres dark, evil, necromancy type magic. Then ill have at lease one character that specializes in that. >=-P
    So at some point I plan on starting another toon who specializes in chaos/death maybe some moon. Looking through the chaos tree and seeing a deamon that attacks EVERYONE makes me all excited. What kind of mayhem could be caused with this spell? Hopefully its better than the daemon summon on ultima online, cuz that spell was actually quite weak. Just a quick dispel and your daemon was gone. And it wasn't even that powerful of a daemon.
    But ya anyways. Anyone got some videos of their daemon summoning?

Numa and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  2. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Currently, none of the summonable pets in the game are really worth much time/effort. Even in the Taming tree, I fear. I think Taming has gotten quite a bit better with "Specialization," which you'll want to learn a lot about if you really get a mature character going, but there are really only a couple of summonable creatures that do much good for a player right now.

I'd say the Wisp is decent (Moon Tree) because it casts decent debuffs on foes, and Water Elemental, because it casts random heals on you periodically.

Otherwise, they are just a focus sink, and do next to NO damage at all.

Numa likes this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

...and the Demon doesn't even attack EVERYONE... it's just a regular summoned pet so far...

Numa likes this.
  4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

The summon demon is a good looking pet but that's about it, hits like a wet noodle. They have talked about a rework on him a few times but it is a ways out, and low on the list of things to do.

devourerofmemes likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I always thought it was EA that liked to ruin legendary roleplay elements... you could kill a dragon with blade spirits... and dispel the strongest spell in the game, summon daemon.

I thought it was on purpose because of an internal ideological war between Origin and EA teams...

But now we have people farming the dragons non stop with cheap tactics, and a daemon that hits like a wet noodle.

Honestly I see major improvements in performance and the game flow... its now fluid enough to play and have fun.

But theres so many things I need to ignore in order to create my own fun. Incoherent lore, NPCs knowing stuff I didn't talk to them about because the plotline was lazy and does not take my choices into consideration.

Basically I get a WoW experience out of this game, oh its much better than WoW... I only beta tested that EQ clone and lost interest quick. But its a WoW type experience, with only 2 types of tree to harvest, all animal types giving the same hide (which makes no sense), the mining nodes being on a fixed timer... flashing quests elements on my compass so I don't even have to look for something when the quest says look for something.

Trying to find starter gear for a friend but spending 5 hours looking at vendors and wanting to rip your hair off cause the cheapest item you've seen is 40000 gold... for a copper +2 item which makes no sense to invest into.

But yeah... I swallow the pill and put my ideological and other concerns on the back burner.

And I have fun...

but heck do something about those pets... I've always had a tamer in all games I played, why don't I even feel like starting to train the skill here ?

Normally I'd have rabbits or something following me around at this point... but I look at the tree and I'm like meh.

As I've said, sounds to me like a joke EA would make in order to devalue old school RPGs.

6. Robby

Robby Avatar

So... now that I'm redpilled on the daemon. I'm sad. =(
    I mean.. I see this big scary looking thing at the bottom of the CHAOS magic tree, it says its a daemon, will attack all players even the summoner of the daemon will get attacked by it. And my thoughts are its a very powerful spell that is so powerful and out of control that it can backfire on the mage himself for summoning it.
    I was thinking wouldn't it be nice if the thing took 1k of each reg, lots of time to summon and you could use it to siege a town. =P That would make me happy.

7. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Water elemental is definetly worth using... at about 70 water attunement, my lvl 80 water elemental heals me for 120 hp.

8. Numa

Numa Avatar

To add to this, the Wisp in Patrol mode will find resources for you - no matter how hidden.

9. Robby

Robby Avatar

What about summoning skeletons? They worthwhile?

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yup combined with corpse explosion the death tree is pretty powerful... technically the chaos tree is the hardest to resist, so the daemon should definitely have some chaos spells, and hit pretty hard, although not systematically and it should be the hardest summon to dispel.

I'm sure its just that it didn't get a second pass yet...

11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Never knew that! coolness.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.