Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Summoned elementals need to stop agro adds

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

I'll be fighting and my water elemental will all of a sudden run around back side of what I'm fighting and move into range of other things drawing them into fight.

I know there are different stances like "stay here" but their AI is sometimes annoying as hell. Doesn't matter if they are passive aggressive or defensive they just have poor choices in where to stand... often its out to their max range which causes them to agro more crap.

Numa likes this.
  2. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I would definitely like an option to have my phoenix stay by my side. Otherwise it gets difficult to heal my bird.

3. eli

eli Avatar

Yeah "pet stay" doesn't mean "stay on this spot" more like "stop following me"

If you tell a melee only pet to stay, he will run to the nearest mob. If he kills it, he will stand over the corpse until he finds another thing to chase. In this way, a pet can end up on the complete opposite side of the map.

Even in "follow mode" if you walk over a funny shaped rock or go up a stair (no jumping required), your pet can decide to path find all the way around the map. There's a path in rhun where your pet will attempt to circumnavigate the entire scene and either die or bring you back every mob in your max range.

That's why I was realllly meh about speeding up pets... Now they can pull more crap before you realize what's happening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.