Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Summoned Elementals

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Isaiah, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I need to give feedback on this topic because I had beef with magic a year ago. First off this game is much improved, Jesus!

Ok I got the air elemtal, I'm not sure what effectiveness means but I love the fact these summons don't die in 2 seconds. They can survive being attacked a bit, they don't decay, and they heal up quick after battle. The air elemental doesn't to a hell of a lot of damage but they are really good spells. Taking a portion of mana to maintain is a nice touch.

Spell casters feel so much more wizard/sorcerer-like.

I tried to get the Phoenix summons, and I actually found the lair without Google. I was pleasantly surprised that it was a boss and not just a pansy lone firebird. Later I googled and saw a guy had soloed this thing but it killed me in two hits and I think I was lucky to last that long.

Having the quests make these spells really cool. All around I have no gripes about the spells. I know there is a constant release cycle and there are always improvements coming, so the minor changes and gripes I'll leave open to others at this point. Coming from a six month hiatus this is a radical change for the better to me.

Fister Magee and Kara Brae like this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm not really sure what is planned at this point, but I'm hoping that there will be quests for all of the different magic schools' advanced trainers. I've never finished the death quest, but I've got the fire elemental and phoenix pet and they're not anything special compared to the other pets, so it's a little bit weird that you can get some of the good ones in your first session playing a new character while others are really difficult to obtain.

OmniFusion1 likes this.
  3. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Can I ask how you trained up the reveal hidden spell? I can't get it to move I've tried using vanish on a pet and then reveal hidden but that wont work... I'd like to add the pheonix to my list of summoned creatures...

BTW water elemental does heal you fairly often if you even need it to... but ice is better for attacking. also be sure you use right one for what you fight, earth on skeletons etc, don't use fire on earth it chokes lol

OmniFusion1 likes this.
  4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You can train reveal hidden just by casting it on any random mob. It doesn't actually have to be hidden.

OmniFusion1 likes this.
  5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I can only speculate that they intend to make them all a bit hard to come by. Not that I like stuff to be hard for no reason, but there should be a feeling of reward for obtaining the mastery of a magical art form.

These quests seem to serve that purpose. Having a summoned elemental or demon should be
    yeah if a person used death magic for some heals it might be better to use a water elemental in an undead fight. However that's personal choice too because some people think the best defense is a good offense. Who knows?

6. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

While the quests are nice I feel that the need to kill a Phoenix as the requirement of gaining a spell is pretty rough for Sun Magic users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.