1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Summons Generate More Aggro

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tirrag, Dec 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

I have been trying out a summoner build lately and though I am having quite a bit of fun with it one thing I have noticed is that a summon generates little to no aggro. I can let a summon attack and get a higher level mob down below 50% but if I attack just a couple of times I immediately get aggro. I then created a full set of mouse jewelry which seemed to have no affect on it. Under the examine the Aggro data says "N/A" so I am not sure what that means. What I do know is that if my summon is slamming someone and I so much as wink at the mob, I am now the target of their ire.

My wish is to either have a focus skill to enhance summon aggro or to have the aggro of summons reviewed and adjusted so that a summon that should be a tank, can actually be used as a tank.

FBohler, FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

(correct me if I'm wrong)
    Herding (different tanking);

• In our current pet system, with our tank pet companion attracting more agro than we do, need tending or they die, acting to collect mobs into a group.
    • In our current summon system, we have a summon pet acting as a distraction, which tanks as long as we don't draw attention back to ourselves, acting to collect mobs until we attack.
    What we don't have:
    • Is a magic which attracts the mobs to move as far away from us it can be cast, acting to string out or draw the mobs away from us or herd the mobs into a geographic area such as a box canyon.
    • Is a summon that acts like a pet instead of as they now are, a distraction.
    • Is a summon or pet that heals us, which is it's only function without attracting ago.
    • Is a summon that attracts all agro, yet only for a very short tank time, acting to deminish much of the mob's health or power.
    I'm certain there's more yet to be thought of without mimicking or cloning the same qualities as another we already have.

I'm thinking we need a "different type of summon" and many summons which all cause the mobs to be differently effected, "unlike a live tamed pet".

Just some rhetoric thought along the same lines...
    ~TL~

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I actually don't want my air elemental to get the aggression.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. DefectedZephyr

DefectedZephyr Avatar

Immortal City - Mistrendur, Arlia - Novia
    I think the entire aggro system as a whole should be reviewed.

Anpu, Time Lord and FBohler like this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I gave up from using pets and summons since it's almost impossible for me to not get aggro'd.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I just want to see a wide range of summons all for differing purposes.
    [​IMG]
    I want to see a tool chest full of summons :D~TL~o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.