Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Supple leather still sucks

Discussion in 'Release 47 QA Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, I made a set of epic supple leather armor and pine/supple leather crossbow on QA to see if the critical modifier is better. The critical chance for each piece is double that of R46 but it's still pretty much unnoticeable during combat. Below you see my total WeaponCritBonus is 23%. I suspect this is multiplied against WeaponCritModifier for a whopping 1.15% critical chance bonus (and who knows how the Armor Weak Points skill is being applied). Anyway, when I switched back to epic hardened leather armor + maple/cotton longbow, my DPS was considerably better.

[​IMG]

2. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I always find something wrong when I try to understand all these numbers and formulas. We know can get 25-30% crit chance from gear+skills (ranged) but we don't see those % in our stats (in companion of the avatar or sotahud). And now with new changes, any chance to undertand what they are gonna fix? would be really nice to see some kinf of official crafting/material docs inside the website or here in forums, by Portalarium.

Anytime they change something, I start to feel lost. We need more documentation, please.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Gurney2, Paladin Michael and Barugon like this.
  3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Supple leather straps are not on par with their carapacian counterparts either.
    A 2% weapon crit for a Yard of Supple Leather vs. 0.1% weapon crit for a Supple Leather Strap.
    2 Suet make a Yard, 1 Suet makes a strap. Should be 2% and 1% to match the beetle calcs.

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I remember suggesting constantan and white iron being % based instead of a set amount and Starr said it would be OP so it stayed at +25 health or whatever for a full set of plate. This compared with the +12.2% damage you get from copper/bronze seemed laughably unbalanced.

Maybe @Chris can post his spreadsheet for meteoric, bronze, supple, crimson pine, etc., etc. so that we can get his thinking on all of the "secondary" materials and have a discussion on what needs further balance. @Chris :D?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Spoon and Lazlo like this.
  5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

For sure champion of useless tier 2 is hard maple... 0.1 to damage resistance from bow... it even sounds bad, what will it give now +0.2 damage resistance ? :eek::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.