Survive Those Nasty Crits!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zurthock, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

POTIONS: They are a life saver! Put them on your utility bar (and press ALT-Key + slot number while not in combat or SHIFT-key + slot number while in combat) (i.e: ALT/SHIFT+1 for potions in slot 1). How they work: when you drink a health potion, let say in combat SHIFT+1 (Potion of Health Imbued {+150-250 hp} it restores health and then the potion goes on a +/- 10 sec cooldown making it impossible to spam a second potion if you need to.

A workaround to this is to have a lower tier of potions in a second slot (i.e: Potion of Health Greater {+100-150 hp}). Like this, while the Imbued Health potion is on cooldown, you can drink the Greater Health potion SHIFT+2 right after.

If you want to be as safe as possible you can add a third layer to the strat and drink a Potion of Restoration {+100-150 hp and +100-150 focus} in a third slot. And this goes for focus as well when you're running low.

Let say you set your Imbued Health in slot 1, Greater Health in 2, Restoration in 3, Imbued Focus in 4 and Greater Focus in 5. That means you would go SHIFT+1, SHIFT+2, SHIFT+3 for Health emergency or SHIFT+4, SHIFT+5, SHIFT+3 for Focus.

This will save you more than once, giving you back a MINIMUM of {+350 hp and 100 focus} and a MAXIMUM of {+550 hp and 150 focus) for when you drop low on HP AND a MINIMUM of {+350 focus and 100 hp} and a MAXIMUM of {+550 focus and 150 hp) for when you're getting low on Focus.

Hope that this little trick will help you in your adventures!

By the way, does anybody knows how to use potions in combat with ALT+slot number instead of SHIFT+slot number?

Z.

K1000, Rentier, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Positioning yourself to avoid getting hit from behind also help reducing the chance of getting crit'd as well. Utilizing cover would also help stacking the chance of survival.

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Great post! Didn't realize you could do this.!
    Does this work on enemies? I usually body slam and then move around behind them on instinct but I have never been totally sure if this actually does anything.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Alt is hardcoded to target yourself instead of your highlighted target. It cannot be changed currently.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.