Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Swift" Gathering needs another look, IMO. (short video)

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by FrostII, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I don't believe you can hit 1 sec any more even with Bronze tool (+30%) + potion (40%) + 150 swift mining (+30%)
    Even though those numbers would add up to 100% instant mining, I don't believe it will instant, because either there is a bug at high levels or there is diminishing returns.
    And 40% potions doesn't give 40% at gm+ levels, nor does the 30% tool give 30%.

Ice Queen and FrostII like this.
  2. Curt

Curt Avatar

I belive the numbers works like when you drive a car increasing speed by 100% does not make the trip instant. It only halves the time it takes to reach your destination

+100% faster you reach your destination in half the time
    +50% faster you reach your destination in 67% of normal time.

EMPstrike likes this.
  3. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Agra I'm not talking about with tools I am just talking about the Swift Gathering. Nothing else.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The issue remains simply this.

If I am Grandmaster in the Field Dressing Tree and am using my Prosperity tool, there is NO WAY I should ever see a 53 second harvest.

Period.

In fact, no harvest using ANY tool at ANY level should EVER take more than 10 seconds.... TOPS.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I agree, with the 100+ skill and either a tool or a potion, it shouldn't take more than 8-10 seconds.
    If they are going to keep it like it is and so miserably long, you should at least be gathering materials the whole time you're gathering. It isn't fun to sit and wait while nothing happens waiting on the timer to go down and see if you fail to gather, gather a meager amount of materials, or hit a meticulous just to wait on that timer all over again for again meager amounts of materials. :(

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    Aldo and FrostII like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Something is wrong if I can play heartstone while gathering.

FrostII and Ice Queen like this.
  7. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

Someone once told me that you cant just add the stacks of speed buffs that it works individually. so lets say you had a 30 percent speed bonus on a 100 percent you would now be gathering at 70% of total time it takes. now if you were to add another item that decreased it by 20 percent it does not add to the 30 percent making it 50 percent faster its 20 percent of the 70. (i suck at math so im sure if im wrong some one can fix it) that would be 14 points added to reduction. 56% percent of the 100 percent time it takes to harvest. and so forth.

now i have never asked a dev but seeing how other things in this game react i would not be surprised if this was true. this information was given to me by another player who tests a lot of things and his conclusion.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I know this: If Port thinks for one minute that I'll be a constant stream of $$ for them by buying COTO's in the store every week in order to harvest at a fast rate - they have another think coming.
    And I do not think I am alone in this regard.

Ice Queen and Roper Docholiday like this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The intent in the whole gathering process is to assure gathered materials have a feeling of real value.

The material cost of items, harvesting rates of materials, and decay of finished products that are made with those materials have to be balanced with each other to achieve the desired item value they are aiming for.

Its important to consider all of that when thinking about swift gathering.

Also, your proficiency skill plays heavily into your overall gathering rate as well

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Before the swiftgather equation was changed, i use a heavy iron pick with a huge speed penalty, and at 80ish skill i was mining as slow as if i had 0 skill. After they changed the math for it, my harvest time shot way way up, and with a heavy iron pick still, im not finding harvesting times to be that bad.

Similarly, i suspect people that get usedto doing things incredibly fast are irritated by slowing down, while i am pleased that i sped up.

Getting input from folks who never harvested before the changes would be invaluable in this situation

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The video in the op is a 13 second harvest time per attempt. The 53 seconds mentioned is the time it takes to harvest 4 attempts.

So the jump, at GM level is 2-3 secodns to 13 seconds per attempt.

The harvesting rate for low level gatherers, however, is substantially faster with these changes than they were before. So not only GM skills, but mediocre skills should be looked at too. it will meant he difference in how much materials is on the market, and will affect the price of the materials.

The new harvestign rates also make it easier to get to a respectable gathering level, while slowing down the gains more at higher levels. So its VERY newbie friendly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.