Swimming and current

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by redfish, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I don't know when the proper time will be to consider this, since swimming isn't a real big part of the game, and who knows what the dev plans are for underwater diving. But this is something else that hasn't been brought up before, I don't think. I was on vacation for the past week, and did some swimming for a modest distance in the ocean against the current, which made me realize just how unrealistic swimming in the game can be.

Swimming for any more than a small distance in the ocean can be fatiguing, and moreso the stronger you're fighting the current. Monsters that might be around you might also affect the current, and how much you could move to escape them.

2. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

This is no doubt pegged for the pirate expansion (which I suspect will be either Episode 2 or 3). :p

3. Abhann

Abhann Avatar

This applies to rivers also...it did seem odd for my character to swim the river in solace bridge and not be pushed off course. Would add to the immersion but hate to think the work it would take to add this so yep, probably in a later episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.