Swimming - Underwater

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Meyaka2, Jan 18, 2015.

?

Should underwater swimming be added?

1. No

10.2%
  2. Yes

89.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

You can prod with sword effectively under water. We might need air bar though or perhaps some spells/potions to be able to stay there longer.

2. Meyaka2

Meyaka2 Avatar

I know, I was just trying to be clear. ;)

Tahru likes this.
  3. Meyaka2

Meyaka2 Avatar

Cool idea thanks. Underwater weapons and maybe even a wet suit that offers some protection.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Ooooh the memories!

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL sorry couldn't help it the part "we need to keep this game serious", well if that were true I would have to be ostracized(kicked out that is). I vote for swimming under water, and also quests that take you underwater to discover treasures, and magical moments. What I hear you saying is that regarding PVP so far it has been a hindrance, and regarding armor that could if it must be addressed, like you swim slower, armor rusts ect to discourage it as a form of staying in the pvp battle, and so otherwise get out your bathing suit;) j/k perhaps there. I have no intentions of playing a serious game, fun is immersive to me. So just my take on it for another viewpoint.

8. Meyaka2

Meyaka2 Avatar

Serious but fun. The proper balance needs to be found and thats not easy. Thats why I created this post to understand how you all feel and what you guys find enjoyable. Everyone has different tastes.

9. Sofiamia

Sofiamia Avatar

But wouldn't people in heavy armor be offset by their strength to stay afloat and not sink?

Only reason I can see for going underwater is to explore sunken ships for treasure and pearl diving, or to retrieve my keys I dropped.

To add yet more content we could train a seal or dolphin to do those things for us. :confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

There are times I had to be in the water, (accidentally falling off a pier and another time swimming to an island). I'd rather not have the waters under me unsafe to be there, nasty fisheses with nasty teethes, bites me full of holeses before I can crawl back on shore...ack! And you know what would happen: if the Devs gave us the ability to swim under water they would be obligated to make the waters "interesting" to swim in.

If we're going for a bit a realism, not too many people of our ilk, on our side of the SotA world went for a swim under water, at least not voluntarily.

"Our business is on land and in proper wooden boats with what sense the virtues has gifted us. If we was meant to plow beneath the seas we'd had blessed be sportin' gills and a tail.", says the wizened old fisherman by the sea.

My vote is a quiet "no, please, no...go away idea..."

Tahru likes this.
  10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Would also be nice to have the option to pee in the water, since there are like, NO functioning bathrooms on land.

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

At night, doing this in the ocean can act as an alternate light source.

Lord Baldrith and Budner like this.
  12. Etheom

Etheom Avatar

Episode 2
    +10000

Lord Baldrith and Tahru like this.
  13. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Please keep our ool clean.

Tahru likes this.
  14. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

We need to have the ability to go under water if for no other reason than the fact that we should be able to drown when swimming in metal armor.

15. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

DDO implemented that well, you could swim underwater but you would need either an "of water breathing" magical device or a spell, and had to remove your armor otherwise you would sink (or swim reeeeeeeaaaaalllllyyy slow or some other handicap, it's been awhile my memory is fuzzy on specifics), and drown.

Please, nothing like GW2 though, fully underwater quests where you fight all kinds of killer giant fish and mer-men or whatever, while rescuing people (who can also breathe underwater somehow) from cages is just meh... Underwater as a means of reaching isolated locations, however, now that could be kind of cool? Why not make "mountaineering" a skill too while we're at it? Didn't Ultima 4 and 5 have locations hidden up in the mountains that you could only reach with a hook and pitons or something similar? Just shooting out ideas...

16. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Oh and an underwater peeing emote too please.

17. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Please keep our ool clean.

I'm not trying to start a frenzy but.... I was just in the Graff gem mine and there were 3 locations that definitely looked like we would need swimming to go through them. If you look at them they are perfect for the necessity of swimming. Go in take the mine over and check them out.

Future DUKE mikeaw1101 and Tahru like this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Every time I see this thread popup, I read the title as " Swimming - Underwear". Must be wishful thinking. :p

19. Gareth Caliborne

Gareth Caliborne Avatar

So just make realistic swimming, where you need to take off your armour to do it, otherwise sinkage happens.

Don't need to have underwater being where combat happens, either. Could just be for finding stuff or getting to hidden spots. Only way to get somewhere is via underwater tunnel, you take off your heavy stuff, swim through it, get to the other side and put your gear back on and continue as normal.

Future DUKE mikeaw1101 and Tahru like this.
  20. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I did not clarify my statement. My apologies everyone. I meant to say underwater swimming.

underwater swimming. My bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.