Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tab target = easy mode in PvP

Discussion in 'Release 8 Feedback' started by Murdock, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Do not take away tab targetting.

2. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

why not making it aiming baised like in this vid

youz need aim at target

if he is out of range or you didnt aimed well your spell fizzle and need being recasted

you cant target someone behind a bush or tree

i absolutly hate it when you fight 2 guys and the mage not do team dmg when 2 guys of his own people blocking the sight to me , he can just tab target switch on me even if his teammates would be in the way is a horrible way of designing the mage system

Time Lord likes this.
  3. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

lol what an answer the problem is other people can use it and you cant hide from different spells when u are low or run behinf people that you cant be targeted

Time Lord likes this.
  4. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

then buy a mouse

you are maybe 1 of 100000 people who not have a mouse attatched to his pc so i think thats no argument for ruining a pvp system with targeting with tab instead of aiming , you wont be able to hide somewhere , take advantage from terrain when you are low health , mages who have u in target will hit you :( ok from fireball you can run away (but u would have to leave your place you hind behind)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

you dont want it then tell us why ??? thats really not constuctive saying something is awesome or bad without any comments what is the pro and contra

you are missing some fingers ??? i could understeand it then when you are handycapped , but when not whats the advantage from such a system that low health guys cant come away, that a good pvper cant beat 2 noobs because he cant escape prevent dmg or hide somewhere when he is low on health ??

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Owain

Owain Avatar

If you are low on health and running away, it's probably because someone has already had you targeted and has been hammering you without mercy, so I don't think tab targeting is your main problem right then.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Maybe I am just used to targeting with every option available. No matter what game I have played, targeting hasn't been a concern. But how in the heck does tab targeting ruin PvP?

What is the alternative? Tab target vs mouse clicking? How does that have anything to do with skill and doesn't this go right into the same conversation about having to click on glyphs in the deck system?

If you are looking for cross hair aiming like a FPS I think you are heading down the wrong direction.

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Dito Captain Jack!
    I have to say that getting use to the new card system is a blast!... but also that I found it most useful to start simple and then move on to the more complex...
    [​IMG]
    Proud Member of the Captain Jack Fan Club! :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

9. Owain

Owain Avatar

"Tab targeting = enabling of macro via micro."

So what?

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

PvP Duel and PvP War can be very different than each other....
    While moving through multiple targets I enjoyed being able to use my (TAB) Key to switch through the multiple targets as I passed through them, striking each as I passed. There was some problems within this build that did not cause the Avatar to strike it's targeted opponent when first targeted ("sometimes"). This occurred mostly when the acquired target had not had some special strike first applied to it before continuing the battle. Yet after some special strike had been applied to both or all targets, then this "insured" that the Avatar would then be able to tab through the targets and strike at each while passing them provided that it had been (TAB) chosen while passing.

Striking your target with some special strike is not a needed thing to be engaged and striking the target with the "common un-chosen" strikes that the Avatar would naturally use without selection. If some style of auto targeting were enabled as something other than "only another option" then I would feel that this dumbs down the combat abilities, whether PvP or not.

I may wish to run through the battlefield in spartan style and strike whatever I pass, or heal a targeted friend while on the move, or choose a target from a pack of targets that are on one of my friends. Thus, the current (TAB) targeting is best for me with my light armor and highly mobile style of fighting.

"Chess or Go?"
    Some prefer the game of "chess", while others prefer the game of "go", though they both are games where winning is the objective, the way to the objective and styles of combat are very different to their common resolve.
    I do appreciate what the OP is saying, but as some form of non-optional game mechanic... "No"...
    Keep the TAB ;)

11. Retro

Retro Avatar

TAB targeting was great...I hope they make targeting (friend and foe) even more sophisticated, trying to "click" targets was brutal in the heat of battle, or when we had a "runner" ;)

12. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I like the idea of a friend and a foe tab or key set... "one for each"... as you would not wish to strike your friend and thus do need to "keep an eye on your friend" or close tabs on your friend (pun intended).

2 (TAB)s what a concept o_O!

13. Ned888

Ned888 Avatar

What makes you think I don't have a mouse? Also, This isn't HALO, it's a story driven RPG.

I prefer the keyboard. I also prefer tab targeting.

You seem to prefer to be rude.

We all have preferences I guess.

docdoom77, Time Lord and Duke NRaas like this.
  14. Leostemplar

Leostemplar Avatar

There’s an easy solution for this boring problem: Lock on target after acquire. So you will only lose your target if you get another target or press an specific key (Usualy ESCape).

I couldn’t agree more.
    Use everything you can/like!
    In my humble opinion, more options to target are a plus to the game, not an immersion breaker. I'd surely prefer to have both 'tab to nearest target', 'left click to target', 'assist target (get target of target)', etc. Making the User Interface friendly doesn't make the game dumber.

After all, acquiring a target shouldn’t be the challenge here. Locating the target inside a dense forest in a dark night should.

мир

15. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

there should be no targeting every spell have to be aimed at the player. when he is behind a stone you cant get him in target and he is save

watch the vid what i mean if you never played a aiming based game
    targeting in general and keeping the target is a bad idea

same like options like last target how it was in uo, i mean in uo it fitted but systems like that are so 1992

16. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

17. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

otherwise a group of mages would be super op , sure the most fun if meet 4 mages in pvp

and instant rip no matter if u make the best movement , throw smoke pots use stones as cover when they hit tab and have you in target ur dead :(((

not really smth i could enjoy as a solo pvper

what with archery will the arrows follow you and make circles when yozu move left ??

18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's called line of sight and this is not that kind of game.

docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  19. baronandy

baronandy Avatar

but why any reasons for that ??? i think that make a game a good game for pvp , or would that system have any disadvantages for pve ??? or what are the cons better i ask so

i personally see only cons , maybe a single player game not need that, but this game is a hybrid with a multiplayer part aswell and who knows maybe in some years it expend to an mmo if it get popular and expencions

i mean mortal online is the worst optimized game ever and it works on open world setting with housing and mortal even have 5 hitboxes on every char and you can aim your hits .

i mean when they wont add hitboxes i can understand it because of the network traffic , even if they make fighting not aiming based it could be fun with an age of conan buttom click system .

but a targeting system for magery and raged attacks is a no go , for me absolutly no go and in my opinion a very wrong decission from the developers

if you have any cons tell it

i would be very interested what people not like on line of sight aiming. even if you not have to aim exactly at the char just somehow in his range to make a spell , in the case you encounter more often desynched chars it would be much better

tab schould only be there to highlight some chars in a color or a bit brighter to see who is in your mouse aimed target when several players are on the screen and u want to make sure to not make friendly fire

20. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

So nothing, Captain Jack loves the macros! Program a few of those and all of a sudden PvP outcomes become quite a bit more favorable for Captain Jack. See, Captain Jack is a little slow in the micro area and he can't really PvP that well at all. But with 3rd party apps Captain Jack can dominate easily and that is all is about. Winning.

Slug!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.