Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tailoring/Tanning and Textile stations not working properly

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Morphee, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morphee

Morphee Avatar

Title: See above
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker: No
    Details: Tailoring/Tanning and Textile stations located in Village Stone 2-Story Basement are only selectable once. To use another station you need to leave the basement and return.
    Note: Smelting/Blacksmithy/Woodworking and Milling stations still working ok
    Steps to Reproduce: See details

strabo likes this.
  2. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I am also unable to use my Tailoring, Tanning, and Textile Stations consistently in my 5 story rowhouse basement. Often I need to logout of the game then come back when I switch to a different station. I also have the same difficulty with my blacksmithing station.

3. strabo

strabo Avatar

Same issue in a 5 story stone and timber village basement. I went to the public stations in Ardoris, and it's working fine there.

4. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

It has gotten worse. I cannot use any of my Benefactor stations in my 5 story rowhouse basement in Ardoris without standing in front of the station and logging out of the game; then I must click on the station the second I come back into the game or my mouse pointer will go from green to white and I will not be able to use the station without logging out and in again. This bug is also starting to affect chairs in my basement.

5. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

If it is helpful, I am having the same bug in my 5-story row-house basement in Solania

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Tsumo2 @Xander Xavier @strabo @Morphee We are having difficulty reproducing this issue locally. If possible could you provide the /loc chat command details at the location of your basement in your house and list the name of the scene you're in as well? This will allow us to investigate your cases directly to ideally see what you're experiencing.

Thank you.

7. strabo

strabo Avatar

@Attenwood

The entrance to my basement is located here:

Area: Soltown (Novia_R1_City_Soltown) Loc: (31.0, 28.0, 20.9)

My milling station (in the basement) is located here:

Area: Village Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement (BasementSceneMedievalVillage_5Floor) Loc: (39.3, 0.0, 109.4)

Both the milling station and the woodworking station next to it seem to have this problem the most frequently.

Less frequently, I'll have trouble accessing my smelting station, located here:

Area: Village Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement (BasementSceneMedievalVillage_5Floor) Loc: (31.7, 0.0, 107.9)

Lastly, I've had occasion where I couldn't access the smithing station (opposite the smelting station), but that's been fairly infrequent. To be clear: the smithing station *rarely* has the problem, but not never.

Also, in case this is platform related in some way:

3/10/2016 1:29 PM
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 32202
    GPU: GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.393.Date.03.07.16
    Area: BasementSceneMedievalVillage_5Floor
    Loc: (39.7, 0.0, 109.8)

I hope this helps! Let me know if I can provide more information, Player.log output, etc.

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@strabo @Morphee @Tsumo2 @Xander Xavier After reviewing the occurrence in Strabo's basement, I am reasonably certain these reports are tied to a known issue that others players had reported. If you could verify that in the areas where you're seeing these problems happen you are also unable to jump like you normally would be able to?

In areas with many colliders (particularly floor decos, or lights) the game would run into a limit on the number of colliders it would track for ground detection which would cause all kinds of issues like those observed above. As a fix, we're raising that number. This should be observable in R28. We're uncertain yet if another patch will be going out for Live, and if there is, we would like to include this fix in it.

Thanks all for reporting.

strabo likes this.
  9. strabo

strabo Avatar

I don't suppose there's any chance we can get a few inches of headroom added to the basement ceiling height, is there? ;)

I keep debating which basement I want to go with, and I prefer everything about the Stone & Timber save for the exceptionally low ceiling height on the lower floors.

10. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

Area: Row Stone & Timber 5-Story Basement (BasementSceneMedievalRow_5Floor) Loc: (34.3, -6.6, 107.8)
    Entrance:
    Area: Ardoris (Ardoris) Loc: (165.2, 59.8, -130.7)

All crafting stations become unusable within seconds of entering my basement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.