Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Take the time to develop a better feedback form.

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's really not too much to ask for the players to type their settings, and their log files, and type out the problems they get, right?

It seems to me that there are less people doing this in the bug report section than before, specifically in the performance issues category. I know I'm someone that still has problems with one of my PC's but I haven't been posting this issue for the last few releases because it's just too much work to post the same problem.

So what I propose is that the devs whip up a better method of collecting this data. Instead of using the forums, maybe create a form email (that shouldn't take much time) or something that ties directly to their tracking system (what is it called jira? jura? something). This would probably make it easier for people to type in responses while making it easier to correlate and track.

This might also be something that as the game evolves makes it easier for CS to track and respond to issues.

gtesser, docdoom77 and prospereau like this.
  2. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

I'm actually surprised there isn't a bug report that can be filled out while in-game either......

3. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

[​IMG]

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I stopped filling bug reports out because I felt like they weren't ever read or the bugs fixed.

I eventually figured out workarounds for my show stoppers on my own. I think maybe the devs have enough automatic data that they don't need player bug reports as much now..

5. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Sounds to me like a good opportunity for a community member or group of members to work on.

6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Dude, too much work? are you kiding? You can always send in your files to: support@portalarium.com they will issue a case #. But they still want all the info, weather it be on a "form" or on the "forums", you still have to tell them the issue.

7. Drocis the Devious

It's the same issues I've been having forever. I shouldn't need to resubmit it every release.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  8. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree, but with this caveat - this isn't support for a released game. You're just helping to test a system that is supposed to be messed up (maybe not still this messed up, but hey - it's software development. It's hard)

Having said that, I do feel like I've seen some things exist since R5.

Still, this weekend was the deepest I've gotten into the game. I hadn't previously explored the gem mines, or the clink, or seen the vale mark mazes, or gone on a player quest, or traded items, or been part of a party, or done party chat, or seen the brave coast or player islands, none of that, so I'm really happy and I literally can't wait for the game to get bigger and better.

Bring on PvP and R8 already !

9. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I stopped submitting bugs three or four releases ago since none of them were addressed. Still, I've seen other bugs get addressed, so the bug board can't be completely useless.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think its good that its done on the forums, though, since other players can see the bugs submitted and information without duplicating reports.

But it might also be possible to hook up the pre-alpha forums to the same system too, or for some form input rather than the generic rich text box, and possibly just remember the persons settings for them.

11. Drocis the Devious

I'm not suggesting the bug board is useless at all. I'm just suggesting an improvement to efficiency that I believe would help many people feel like their bugs were being captured.

Since I have the same bugs to report, it would be great to see them in a DB somewhere, then each release I could check them once and maybe check off that it's still occurring.

Mordecai and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

That's an excellent point, Redfish. I wouldn't suggest that an improvement take away from the reported bugs being viewed by the community.

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, I use to do beta testing for Microsoft, and they had a special site for this called Connect where they set up feedback and bug report forums. Users entered everything using forms, and then others could post free-form comments for additional information, and the devs could add information to the original post or set flags on it.

14. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Actually I take back what I said, I think they are doing a good job even though they don't respond to the forums often...

15. smack

smack Avatar

Just keep your specs and oft-used info handy in Notepad. Cut and Paste when filling out bug reports to save time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.